Manufacturing Engineer (Power Generation)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Manufacturing Engineer performs complex activities for the development, implementation, and maintenance of manufacturing methods and processes. Performs any combination of the following duties: determines and identifies operation sequence and tooling for the assembly of parts, processes, components, and final assemblies. Provides technical guidance to other staff members and supervision staff. Participates in cost studies, equipment recommendations, and new product development.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Design and develop tooling and equipment used in processes and assembly
* Monitor product labor cost, identify cost saving potentials and implement cost saving measures
* Participate in the design process. Advise the design team of profitability and manufacturability issues while identifying the processes to be utilized in producing new product
* Actively participate on a Material Review Board (MRB)
* Evaluate the potential profitability of the following: Utilizing new methods of processing, new equipment, better tooling, new materials, and implementing Lean Manufacturing techniques
* Take an active role in implementing and leading DBS process improvements, including kaizen events
* Participate in Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) methods including resolving scrap and rework problems through SPC, root cause analysis and implementing corrective actions as necessary
* Initiate, review and sign Engineering Orders (EO's) as necessary
* Take an active role in the implementation and enhancement of Manufacturing Methods and ensure that new or revisions to existing methods are validated prior to incorporation into the Manufacturing Methods Manuals
* Design work stations, work cells and floor layouts to facilitate the efficient flow of material
* Ensure that Company systems and procedures are followed as they relate to the manufacturing production process
* Other responsibilities as assigned
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education : Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited Engineering school or equivalent required.
Years Experience : 2+ years of relevant experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
* Working understanding of MRP, Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing required
* Knowledge of Military, Commercial Specifications and ISO requirements (preferred)
* Computer proficiency: able to independently utilize word processing, e-mail, spreadsheets, CAD, database, or other technical software required
* Ablility to meet multiple, sometimes conflicting deadlines
* Strong analytical and decision making abilities
* Ability to prioritize effectively without supervision
* Ability to prepare clear and concise reports
* Ability to communicate with a variety of personality types and levels of the organization as well as with persons outside the organization
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.