Manufacturing Engineer 2nd Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 4/13/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description and Responsibilities
Leads the transfer of processes, process improvements, and products from development to production. Works to develop, sustain, and improve manufacturing processes.
* Troubleshoots technical issues to root cause in production or in returned product in conjunction with manufacturing staff. Communicate issues in a timely manner.
* Author s technical reports supporting development transfers, production problems, and process analysis/trending.
* Has the technical depth and leadership to use good judgment to make solid decisions in support of Coherent s Advanced Optical Fiber Assembly Business.
* Works without supervision in a technically intensive environment.
* As required, assists in the planning and execution of product reliabilities activities.
* May be asked to support additional projects in development as appropriate.
* Trends and analyses production data as appropriate. Creates and maintains manufacturing methods. Trains and certifies manufacturing technicians in the production.
* Facilitates engineering changes both in technical supporting information as well as managing their full implementation internally.
Education and Work Experience
Associate degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Optics.
* In-depth technical understanding in the several of the following areas:
o Fiber coupling and splicing
o Fiber Optic Polishing
o Electrical engineering
* 5 years hands-on experience in optical-based manufacturing environment.
* Knowledge of PDM/ERP in a manufacturing environment.
* Experience with FDA qualified product is preferred.
* Technical knowledge of optical fiber and fiber assemblies required.
* Experience in the manufacturing or development of fiber optical assemblies are preferred.
* Computer skills Oracle, Agile, MS Office experience preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.