This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job
Veeco s process equipment solutions enable the manufacture of LEDs, flexible OLED displays, power electronics, hard drives, MEMS and wireless chips. We are the market leader in MOCVD, MBE, Ion Beam and other advanced thin film process technologies. Our high performance systems drive innovation in energy efficiency, consumer electronics and network storage and allow our customers to maximize productivity and achieve lower cost of ownership.
The Manufacturing/Industrial Engineer will handle all aspects of manufacturing for both existing products as well as provide support on new product introduction from start to finish ensuring that the design for manufacturing and quality meets best in class requirements.
* Create and maintain routings and bills of material.
* Recommend and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product. Recommend and implement changes in manufacturing environment and equipment to increase operational efficiency.
* Participate in Product Life Cycle projects as representative for the Operations function.
* Participate in Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA). Perform DFM (design for manufacturing) reviews.
* Analyze and resolve technical and operational problems while transitioning new product into production and sustaining production and process development.
* Support supplier development and certification process.
* Maintain the knowledge base which consists of, but is not limited to, processes, documentation, change orders, bill of materials, product tables and system logs. Configure and organize product for manufacture. Create and evaluate the documentation used in production.
* Implementation of ECO s (engineering change order) accurately, timely, and cost effectively.
* Work with suppliers, and contract manufacturers to address process or quality issues.
* Perform disposition of NCM (non-conforming material).
* Lead and/or Participate in 8D methods to analyze and resolve technical / operational problems.
* Provide management with project updates and status reports formally and informally.
Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering or related field. Must be willing to travel up to 15%.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Experience with 3D modeling software; Solidworks preferred
* Experience with the design and/or manufacture of complex equipment utilizing complex, multi-level BOMs highly desirable
* Experience within a technical production environment is desirable
* Experience writing SOP s strongly desirable
* Quality training and experience in the following areas highly desirable - Lean, Kaizen, ISO-9000, Six-Sigma
* Able to effectively communicate, written and orally, with employees and technical professionals required
* Practical mindset with ability to read and interpret technical documents (e.g., schematics, mechanical drawings, assembly drawings, bills of material, routings, operating, maintenance, and job safety instructions/procedures).
* Ability to speak Chinese and/or Korean highly desirable
* Ability to travel to Veeco's Headquarters location in Plainview, NY for the first few months for training is required, with periodic travel to Plainview through March of 2017
Veeco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.