Manufacturing Engineer - Stamping & Press
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 1/2/2017
Electrolux Home Products, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONManufacturing Engineer - Stamping & Press
Position ID: req5177
Sector: Major Appliances North America
Functional Area: Manufacturing
Location: Plant, Memphis, 3231 Paul R Lowry Road, Memphis, TN 38109 USA
Number of Openings: 1
Employment Type: Full-Time
Apply By: 1/1/2017
This highly visible, hands-on leader is responsible for developing and implementing solutions to manufacturing engineering projects and manufacturability across stamping and press department aiming to ensure state-of-the-art technology, equipment and processes.
This position will have a significant opportunity to increase the level of operational efficiency and improve core processes to achieve maximum results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Initiate and manage CAPEX investments on new or modified equipment necessary to improve production efficiency, quality and operational safety.
* Participate in engineering design reviews; evaluate and approve drawings, routings, specifications and other documents.
* Analyze manufacturing process flows for continuous improvement opportunities in quality, cost and throughput. Focus on Lean Enterprise evaluation and deployment.
* Lead/participate in research, collection of information, obtaining quotes from vendors and checking availability of equipment.
* Write investment Requests
* Follow and report the status of a project. Schedules and any suggested revisions should be reviewed. Any changes to a project s plan or schedule shall be documented.
* Lead project review meetings during the course of a project.
* Establish and executing project task lists to keep projects moving forward according each project s plan.
* Conduct Risk Assessments to identify and deal with any risks that may exist with the project.
* Travel will be required during project review meetings and during commissioning.
* Operational support, press room equipment; 100 1500 to progressive, transfer, hand tool, punch press process.
* Tooling operation, basic functionality for the processing of parts, motion events, die clamping and processing.
* SMED functions, quick change processes and hardware required achieving 5 minute changeover mandates.
* Project deployment and a successful startup with continuous support, deploy inside project financials, achieve project timelines, comply or exceed quality targets encompassed in the project scope.
* Responsible for performing engineering and technical duties during the development of components throughout launches and production according to control plans.
* Performs problem solving techniques, process improvements, and maintains the quality standards of products.
* Site performance goals and support as related to safety, operational performance, financial, quality and delivery objectives.
* Exhibits and leads with attitude, ability and assertiveness.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering field
* 5 years experience in a stamping environment
* Demonstrated success working in a highly evolved Lean manufacturing environment
* Experience with new product commercialization
* Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse team environment across a matrix organization
* Press room equipment support, 100 1500 to progressive, transfer, hand tool, punch press process.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Strong project management, problem solving and decision making skills and abilities, Lean Enterprise or Continuous Improvement background is a requirement.
* Proven analytical skills; data-driven and detail-oriented
* Strong interpersonal skills and team player
* Highly organized; capable of multitasking across multiple projects
* Exceptional written and oral communication skills
* Effective operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
* Ability to communicate clearly across the organization at all levels
* Highly self-motivated and directed
* Strong Continuous Improvement mindset
* Experience with control systems, PLC and PC base concepts utilized in the automation environment
* Experience with material flow and presentation, methods of position and application utilized for the automation group
* Fixtures and end effectors utilized for the containment, positioning, clamping and movement of products in the automation arena.
* Experience with simulation software.
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances, based on deep consumer insight and developed in close collaboration with professional users. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative and sustainable solutions for households and businesses, with products such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, cookers, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances.
Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 50 million products to customers in more than 150 countries every year. In 2014, Electrolux had sales of SEK 112 billion and about 60,000 employees.
Electrolux has been doing business since 1919. The headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the Electrolux share ELUXb is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm.