This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTALASCEND IS CURRENTLY SEEKING A MANUFACTURING PROCESS ENGINEER FOR AN OPPORTUNITY IN WYOMING, MI.
The Manufacturing Process Engineer should have experience with screw machine operations, gauge R&R and background with gauging parts, and fluency in reading mechanical drawings.
* Development & implementation of the manufacturing process, gaging, and tooling.
* Develop and implement project plans and continuous improvement activities to meet specific uptime, tool cost, quality, and maintainability objectives.*
* Responsible for all documentation of the process including drawing management, routings, spare parts, Process Control Plans, PFMEAs, and other documentation including standardized work.
* Work with Controls Engineer for machine controls requirements and to develop error proofing solutions where needed and verification systems for the existing error proofing devices.
* Work with Product Engineering and Central Manufacturing Engineering on part print tolerance and capability issues.
* Work with Manufacturing and Quality in problem solving manufacturing & customer issues and developing short term corrective actions as well as long term irreversible solutions.
* Implement projects including estimating, project budget management, development of timelines, equipment qualification and PPAPs
* 15-25% travel initially
* Demonstrated technical knowledge and ability in manufacturing process engineer disciplines.
* Demonstrated basic understanding of mechanical concepts involving machine designs, process requirements involved in the manufacturing process.
* Demonstrated excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships and lead team members and suppliers to solve problems and resolve issues.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and significantly complex projects and assignments with high level of autonomy and accountability for results.
* Proven ability in project management skills and ability to teach others.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE IN:
* CNC machining
* Screw Machine
* Part validation
* Familiarity with ISO14001 procedures
* College degree with major in mechanicalengineering or equivalent training/experience