Manufacturing Engineering Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Des Plaines, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY:
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will be responsible for the development and execution of global best practice manufacturing processes.
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will enhance overall manufacturing performance through the assimilation of new products and processes into manufacturing throughout the segment's global consumable manufacturing base. This position will provide global leadership in order to optimize our metal forming, metal manufacturing knowledge and plant infrastructure. In doing so, will serve as a member of the manufacturing leadership team.
* Applies project management principles to meet project deliverables of cost, time, and performance
* Proactively resolves project problems and conflicts by involving appropriate stakeholders
* Designs and implements methods for continually improving manufacturing performance of major metal forming processes and initiates improvement programs
* Works with global plant and engineering resources to accomplish goals for specific locations/businesses
* Assesses and directs manufacturing process changes to ensure deliverables meet requirements and specifications
* Ensures all safety standards are followed/met for all fixtures and equipment (made or purchased)
* Works closely with New Product teams to ensure the seamless transition from New Product status to High Volume Manufacturing
* Strives to continuously improve on safety, quality, delivery, and cost metrics
* Effectively communicates with team members domestically/internationally, suppliers, validation, and other internal/external groups to understand needs of the business and provide information
* Mentors and assists Engineers/Senior Engineers with their design skills
* Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelors Degree Mechanical Engineering preferred
* 10+ years demonstrated experience with manufacturing process and change, plant consolidation, facility optimization, metal manufacturing industries, steel grades, and forming, cutting, rolling technologies to shape metals
* Demonstrated experience in establishing new processes into plants including infrastructure
* Demonstrated experience in writing capital requests and in working with the finance team in developing cost models and payback models
* Demonstrated experience with internal/external collaboration influencing manufacturing managers, suppliers, and plant level engineers to support new product and process development activities
* Strong project, time management and organizational skills
* Ability to work non-standard hours to accommodate phone/video conferences across various time zones (domestic and global)
* Up to 40% domestic and global travel