Manufacturing Engineering Manager I (Technology Transfer Manager) 8/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
What you\'ll be doing:
* Works directly with R&D and manufacturing organizations to manage transfer of new products into Production. Assigns appropriate resources and guides team to execute projects according to priority and production schedules.
* Supports new product development teams by acting as the voice of manufacturing and assisting in the development and validation of methods and implementation of new equipment. Implements new technologies from product development into manufacturing.
* Assures product and process quality by working with R&D to design test methods, establish process capabilities, and confirm manufacturing processes.
* Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs, both current and future.
* Manages Manufacturing Engineering group. Hires, trains, and develops staff in all skill areas required by the department. Holds staff meetings and meets individually with staff members on a regular basis.
* Provides regular reporting of technical progress status, and cost analyses as required by division management.
* Manages financial performance of assigned department. Controls spending according to budget.
* Provides guidance and recommendations on manufacturing improvement, quality, and cost reduction, including the use of Lean Six Sigma and other statistical techniques. Implements process improvements and cost savings initiatives.
* Responsible for creating a culture of continuous improvement as well as identifying continuous improvement opportunities. Develops, monitors and reports key technology transfer and process engineering metrics.
What you need for this role:
* A minimum of five years of supervisory or managerial experience in a manufacturing, QC, or technology transfer environment. Experience in the in-vitro diagnostic industry preferred.
* Direct experience in transferring new products from R&D/development into a manufacturing environment. Working knowledge of new product development.
* Working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma, Design for Six Sigma, DOE and statistical techniques, process analysis and cause mapping methods.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Able to interpret financial and operations reports and use them for decision making.
* Experience with automated immunoassay instrumentation preferred.
* Working knowledge of lean manufacturing, GMP/ISO Manufacturing, and QC systems
* Experience with ERP systems.
* Working knowledge of FDA requirements specific to area of work desirable.
* Strong computer literacy, particularly with MS Excel. Data mining and analysis of large data sets experience desirable.
* Strong managerial skills in building groups, and growing and developing employees.
* Bachelor s degree in appropriate physical or biological science or engineering. Masters or advanced degree desirable.
What\'s in it for you:
* Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
* Opportunities for training, growth, and mobility
* Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
* Great work environment
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.