Pharmacy Automation Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSchedule: Full-time
Job ID: REQ20001697
Troubleshoot automated equipment in a production environment. Future employees should also prepare to demonstrate creative thinking and a high aptitude to learn key functions to support the pharmacy from controls engineer perspective; enabling technical growth for the company and the individual.
* Troubleshoot, Install and Repair electro-mechanical automated production equipment, to include Electrical, Mechanical, Robotic, Electrical Controls and PLC systems. Responsible for the technical support of Robot and PLC based systems and hardware.
* Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on automated equipment. Develops maintenance related work instructions and procedures.
* Performs advanced level troubleshooting on Automated Equipment by using and understanding Electrical, Mechanical, and Pneumatic drawings and schematics, and using special test equipment and tools.
* Ensures system availability by providing high level technical support. Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
* Document all emergency, corrective, and preventive maintenance work via work orders associated with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS - MAXIMO).
* Plans and Implements automated equipment related new ideas and processes. Works with Designers and Production Engineers to improve quality of processes and/or machines, analysis of design and implementation of technical products and systems. Communicates with management on project goals and status. Drives change.
* Participates in continuous improvement studies, statistical analysis and functional reviews of unit operations. Operates onsite in an on-call capacity. Performs other assignments and special projects from Sr. Engineering teams.
* Basic analysis on backend pharmacy applications and resolve basic
application issues. Document issues into CMMS (Maximo) for root cause
analysis. Assist with general user application support and information
sharing. Support of automated production equipment Applications,
Data/Information, Robotic and PLC Programming. Responsible for the
technical support of Robot and PLC software.
* 8 - 11 years of Mechanical, Electrical Systems experience as related to automated equipment. Experience with Pneumatics and experience working in a high volume production or pharmaceutical environment preferred. Will also consider 2-5 years experience with degree.
* Ideally 5 years PLC experience including troubleshooting automated control systems in an emergency and corrective maintenance capacity within a production environment; programming and troubleshooting experience using RSLOGIX platform REQUIRED.
* May include some travel to other sites and ESI facilities.
EVENING SHIFT- INCLUDING WEEKENDS
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Information Technology s vision is to be a catalyst in developing new business opportunities, sustaining strategic partnerships with our customers and supporting the future growth of Express Scripts. This vision is realized by aligning our work to corporate goals and market forces in order to deliver innovative business solutions in a reliable, secure and compliant manner while positioning us for future technology & market change. We deliver on these imperatives through the use of best people, best methods, best partners, enabled by a flexible & scalable architecture to deliver business value.
Through this vision, we achieve our mission to provide innovative business solutions that enable & drive value in a timely, reliable, secure and cost-effective manner.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes.
Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the 'Most Admired Companies' in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services.
We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation.
Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Express Scripts is an EOE
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class. None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.