Manufacturing - Lean Manager 8/20/2016
Vida Group International
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the Plant Manager (PLM), the Production Manager (PM) is responsible for assisting the PLM in managing all production operations and shop activities. This position directs and guides the Group Managers, and is a key driver of CLIENT's Key Performance Indicators (KPI's), including, but not limited to, SQDCI, OTIF, and Continuous Improvement sustainment in direct support of CLIENT's Mission Statement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Under the direction of the Plant Manager, this position will manage the activities on the shop floor, following established procedures and approved processes consistent with CLIENT's Mission Statement and KPI's.
* This position will supervise all production operations including, but not limited to, Machining, Assembly, Facility and Production Support, Material Handling corporate goals and objectives.
* Coordinate plant activities as directed by the Plant Manager, through planning with the Group Managers, and act as a liaison between plant managers and the rank and file hourly employees up and down the organizational hierarchy.
* Plan, schedule and coordinate plant activities to meet JIT inventory requirements, and delivered manufactured products in a timely fashion in alignment to SQDCI targets.
* Manage human and material resources to meet production targets and KPI's.
* Assist in controlling/minimizing labor overtime, premium freight/repair expenses.
* Provides leadership and training to Group Managers and other plant personnel to meet KPI's.
* Ensures shop floor organization, production fluidity, safety, and plant cleanliness, and implements and maintains preventative maintenance programs as needed.
* Assist the Plant Manager in establishing and monitoring overall plant performance for production and quality, and is the driving force behind SQDCI and OTIF.
* Proactively and regularly develops and manages team member's performance and capabilities, based upon company Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
* Provides leadership and training to accomplish plant/company goals and objectives in accordance with CLIENT's Mission Statement.
* May perform other or specified duties as directed by the Plant Manager.
* Bachelor's Degree, Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering preferred, in a related field and three (3) to five (5) years experience in a supervisory capacity in a manufacturing environment.
* Basic knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
* Strong knowledge of raw materials, preferably for door and window applications.
* Advanced knowledge and experience in production and manufacturing process improvement techniques including.
* Basic knowledge of business, finance, quality control systems and standards.
* Superb leadership, interpersonal, technical aptitude, and problem solving skills and the ability to drive manufacturing process improvement throughout the production, in support of CI activities.
* Excellent team skills, including the ability to coach and develop work teams and provide appropriate training on CI methods and initiatives to subordinates.
* Superior motivational skills to empower others, and to resolve conflict.
* Must possess a sound understanding of management principles and concepts.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills up and down the organizational hierarchy to include rank and file, staff, Group Managers, and Plant Managers.
* Strong understanding of CLIENT's Mission Statement and overall corporate goals and objectives, and the ability to drive same at their respective plant locale.
* Advanced knowledge of door and window production machines and tools.
* Must be flexible and able to manage multiple priorities on a daily basis.
* Knowledge of plant/OSHA health and safety standards and compliance.
* Solid computer askills, including Microsoft Office and other position applicable software applications used on the plant floor and in production processes.
* Travel is primarily local during the business day. May on occasion travel to appropriate seminars and training.