Manufacturing Maintenance Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 3/22/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Overview
Based in Columbus, Ohio, Hexion Inc. is the global leader in thermoset resins. Through a broad range of thermoset technologies and specialty products, Hexion serves and supports customers in a diverse range of applications and industries.
Hexion materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Hexion, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Hexion, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
This exciting opportunity is part of Hexion Inc.
To provide overall leadership for all activities related to the site s maintenance program. Provides engineering support pertaining to plant design, plant modifications, and process improvements and troubleshooting. The Maintenance Leader will effectively lead the site s maintenance team to ensure timely execution of the PM program activities. Supports decisions and directives of the Site Leader.
Environmental, Health and Safety
* Practice and provide training assistance in safe & environmentally compliant work methods as prescribed by the plant safety, health & environmental policies in order to ensure employee, customer, and visitor safety and overall site compliance.
* Participates in plant s EHS policies and procedures by ensuring that all processes and modifications to existing processes have been critically reviewed for process safety, risk management, environmental, and general safety and health considerations in accordance with regulatory requirements (OSHA, PSM and EPA RMP) and Hexion s Process Safety Standards. Supports Responsible Care initiatives to inform customers in the safe handling, storage, and use of Hexion s products.
* Supervise, maintain and improve the plant s PM program.
* Use structured problem solving techniques, analytical tools and teamwork to improve overall plant performance.
* Implements projects to improve product and service quality.
* Identify and implement projects to reduce cost, energy usage and improve productivity.
* Lead process optimization activities in cooperation with production and process engineering.
* Maintain budgetary control of maintenance and project activities.
* Prepare Investment Proposals (IPs) and close out projects in a timely fashion.
* Set high standards for project and maintenance work in compliance with Momentive specifications.
* Execute the site s PM program and work order process.
* Coordinate and implement PM activities with maintenance to minimize maintenance cost and downtime.
* Maintains PM system.
* Identify high maintenance cost equipment, identify root cause and evaluate cost/benefit of corrective action(s).
* Directly involved in 360 degree feedback
* Participates in Leadership Development weekly meetings
* Presents production key performance indicators to Leadership Staff meeting routinely
* Give and correct certification tests
* Monitor and aid in the progress on yearly departmental goals
* Set-up and conduct department meetings
* Complete other tasks as assigned by Leadership
* Minimum of (5) years experience in a similar industrial manufacturing operation required.
* Organizational, supervisory and motivational skills are required, as well as good analytical and team building abilities
* Must be a self-starter
* Include planning/organizing, problem solving, strategic thinking, results focus, flexibility and ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships.
* Good mechanical aptitude
* Understanding of process equipment
* Good trouble shooting skills
* Formal training in supervisory skills
* Must be able to analyze and interpret data, come to sound conclusion and make recommendations.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to be persuasive and assertive in appropriate situations.
* Ability to collaborate with others to develop win-win solutions.
* Ability to remain objective and make decisions consistent with the best interest of the business.
* Strong background in mechanical or chemical engineering.
* Knowledgeable about electric codes ad standards.
* EHS experience
Physical: Walking, driving, standing, lifting 55 pounds repeatedly, sitting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, fingering, talking, hearing, and seeing. Ability to enter confined spaces and wear a respirator.
Aptitudes: Must possess the ability to understand the meaning of words and their ideas, as well as instructions and their underlying principles. Perform some arithmetic operations, possess eye-hand motor coordination and be able to operator a forklift.
Temperament: Must have the ability to accept responsibility, perform duties under stress, adapt to situations requiring preciseness and adapt to changing duties and responsibilities. Must be able to adapt to situations involving the interpretation of feelings, ideas, or facts; be able to influence people in the opinions, attitudes or judgments; and be able to generalize, evaluate, make decisions and perform repetitive work.
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.