Manufacturing & Maintenance Engineering Manager 9/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Our client is one of the world's leading manufacturer of automotive components. This world class firm designs, develops and manufactures a broad range of products for both the OEM and aftermarket segments. This company is offering great compensation, benefits packages and substantial future career growth.
MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING & MAINTENANCE MANAGER SUMMARY:
The Engineering & Maintenance Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operation of the Engineering department and the Maintenance Department. They will manage and oversee all current program activities for the plant as well as any upcoming launches.
MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING & MAINTENANCE MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manages, motivates, and leads team of Engineers and Maintenance employees ensuring appropriate direction, training, and evaluation.
* Engineering Manager is responsible for building the Engineering and Maintenance budget and ensuring it's met.
* Leads the departments in support of both new and existing customer programs and plant layout.
* Managing all cost and manpower on projects.
* Responsible for new product launches.
* Develops and maintains the process standards in which all parts are manufactured.
* Responsible for the development and improvement of the Engineering & Maintenance processes, structure, performance, etc.
* Specifies project management.
* Manages exploration of new materials and processes in order to achieve the best quality, process, and reliability.
* Maintains documentation closely following necessary timeliness on specific projects.
* Leads the engineering team in continuous improvement initiatives resulting in cost-reductions and customer give backs.
* Responsible for understanding design and engineering requirements on development programs, and ensuring that engineering disciplines are followed.
* Define and manage fixed and capital budgets.
* Strong shop floor experience in mfg / mechanical / process engineering - shop floor level.
* Manage performance of direct reports.
* BSME or other engineerdegree & applicable work experience.
* Strong background in Metals operation required.
* Good communications skills.
* Solid background with automotive quality systems, including TS 16949, APQP including PPAP process, etc. Interaction with the product and quality is constant.
* Effective leadership, management and development of direct reports.