Manufacturing Maintenance Leader
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 3/22/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Overview
Based in Columbus, Ohio, Hexion Inc. is the global leader in thermoset resins. Through a broad range of thermoset technologies and specialty products, Hexion serves and supports customers in a diverse range of applications and industries.
Hexion materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Hexion, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Hexion, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
This exciting opportunity is part of Hexion Inc.
Under direction of the Site Leader, the Maintenance Leader is the primary person responsible for the day-to-day work supervision of the Hexion maintenance craft personnel at the Hope facility along with various contract maintenance personnel as necessary. This position requires vendor interaction, troubleshooting of maintenance-related production issues, and a good understanding of the plant operation to successfully plan maintenance activities.
* Follows safe work practices as specified in the FPD Safety Manual
* Participates in safety audits, training, hazard analyses, inspections, etc.
* Ensures that unsafe conditions are fixed in a timely manner
* Communicates all incidents /emergencies to supervision
* Maintains housekeeping standards
* Ensures environmental policies and practices are followed and that spills are properly reported.
* Follows Hexion Environmental Management Guidelines Manual
* Ensures hazardous and non hazardous wastes generated in the maintenance department are properly handled immediately and not allowed to accumulate.
* Supervise maintenance craftsmen, parts warehouse, purchasing functions and computer system
* Work with the Plant Production Engineer and Regional Projects Engineer to schedule installation of capital projects.
* Direct outside vendors and service providers for project installations
* Supervise the Preventive Maintenance and Mechanical Integrity Inspection programs
* Responsible for management and reporting of plant maintenance budgets and costs
* Identify and implement projects to reduce plant maintenance costs.
* Lead equipment improvement activities in cooperation with Plant Production and Regional Projects Engineers.
* Maintain a working inventory of spare parts.
* Possess in-depth understanding of lubrication requirements and be able to select and apply proper lubricants based on OEM data.
* Computer entry for maintenance program
* Be skilled in alignment techniques for rotating and coupled equipment. Be able to interpret vibration data for rotating equipment
* Be proficient in maintaining Equipment Listing, PM,
* Inventory and Work Order portions of the maintenance module in SAP
* Perform assigned tasks independently in a safe and orderly manner.
* Analyze required maintenance on all equipment and assign work accordingly.
* Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by the Site Leader.
* Adheres to Company policies and work requirements
* Participates in the Success Factors system including annual goals, mid-year reviews
* Train and develop maintenance personnel and encourage employee involvement in team activities
* Communicate Plant objectives to personnel; listen to and implement employee suggestions
* Recognize good performance and give corrective feedback as needed
* Mechanical aptitude; excellent intra-personal skills; self-starter; computer literate; good leadership skills
* Recognize and respond to equipment potential malfunctions; knowledge of hand tools; air tools, etc.
* Knowledgeable and understanding of industrial safety and housekeeping procedures
* Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
* Must be able to wear a respirator.
* Must be able to operate a forklift and personnel carriers, i.e. man-lift. Walking, sitting, climbing, lifting, balancing, kneeling, reaching, handling, fingering, talking, hearing, seeing.
* Aptitudes: must possess the ability to understand the meaning of words and their ideas, as well as instructions and their underlying principles.
* Perform arithmetic operations quickly and accurately, and possess eye-hand coordination.
* Temperaments: Must have the ability to accept responsibility, perform duties under stress, adapt to situations requiring preciseness and adapt to changing duties and responsibilities.
BS degree in a technical discipline (chemical, mechanical or electrical preferred). Associates Degree with significant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.