This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 4/21/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
* Manufacturing Manager
* Chicago, IL, USA
* Bakery Director
Responsible for the general management, direction and coordination of manufacturing operations in carrying out Company production and customer service objectives at the lowest cost consistent with food safety and quality requirements while ensuring the highest level of people safety. Delegates authority to key subordinate supervisors in production, packaging, and other related operations.
* Responsible to be highly engaged in Safety culture through active participation in huddles, meetings, audits, and investigations. Actively look for ways to improve safe processes and behaviors aimed at accident prevention.
* Develops production strategies and establishes priorities for bakery leadership and personnel. Plans, schedules and executes priorities and resources in order to deliver high level of Customer Service (case fill).
* Establishes process controls and operating guidelines. Implements methods to ensure they are adhered to in order for operational consistency and efficiency while producing the highest possible level of product Quality and Food safety.
* Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays. Responsible for achieving targets for Efficiency, waste, and direct costs.
* Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
* Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
* Manages employee performance, discipline, and development. Ensures compliance to company policies and procedures.
* Ensure compliance of all employees to weekly / monthly training schedule.
* Resolves employee relations opportunities, manages grievances, and contributes positively to employee morale and culture. Maintains relationship with union representatives and contractors where applicable.
* Compiles, stores, and retrieves relevant performance data.
* Liaison between manufacturing and all support departments and ensures collaboration in order to achieve organizational goals.
* Manages 5 to 10 Managers who supervise up to 800 employees.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* Bachelors degree (B.A.) or equivalent; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* SAP knowledge
* Experience in Safety
* SQF or other GFSI experience; GMP, Food Safety knowledge
* Continuous Improvement experience / Lean Six-Sigma, TPM
* Bilingual English / Spanish preferred
Chicago, Illinois, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.