This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 12/20/2016
We re BIC Graphic a division of BIC USA Inc. - a world-class global supplier of innovative promotional products for marketing and advertising initiatives.
With our wide variety of high quality, innovative custom-imprinted writing instruments and complementary products, we help customers explore all of the promotional possibilities with an extensive selection of brand name items including BIC Writing Instruments, Lighters, BIC Select, BIC Sticky Note, Magnets, Mouse Pads, BIC Atchison Notebooks and Padfolios, and Ecolutions. BIC Graphic recently acquired Norwood so we now also sell over 4,000 additional products globally. The Norwood brand includes messenger bags, drink ware, calendars, tools and many more.
BIC Graphic sells exclusively through distributors of promotional products/advertising specialties.
Today, BIC Graphic's distributors serve the majority of the Fortune 500 companies, as well as government organizations, educational institutions and thousands of other companies in diverse industries worldwide. We provide them with everything from personalized sticky notes and embroidered laptop bags to custom mouse pads and those famous BIC pens and lighters.
And with our growth, it s time for you to pencil us in too!
Translate the company vision, values, mission and strategies into functional activities within the manufacturing area. The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for managing the production processes while further developing manufacturing processes, policies and programs which will serve as a guide in maintaining and improving efficient manufacturing procedures.
Major Job Responsibilities:
* Provides and communicates a vision and strategy, as a strategic business partner, for manufacturing in order to meet the goals and company objectives.
* Collaborate with other Manufacturing Managers and Management team members to strategically plan and deliver the best outcome according to the value stream.
* Directs production activities through Supervisors to meet production schedules and delivery dates in a timely manner.
* Develop and implement goals, projects and financial and labor budgets to effectively provide resources to realize the vision, strategy and company objectives.
* Identify, investigate and communicate identified areas of opportunity and/or improvement within the manufacturing area.
* Ensure the manufacturing area is working collaboratively with all other business areas in order to capitalize on areas of opportunities while managing risks.
* Create and maintain a safety first culture in order to ensure that all work areas within the facility are working safely and are acting environmentally responsible.
* Measures levels of acceptable performance and investigates the means by which department processes can be improved. Initiates improvements in the efficiency of department operations.
* Plan, review and recommend staffing or rate changes and participates in the formulation of company policies which affect plant staffing.
* Identify and initiate corrective and preventative actions in order to improve issues or performance related to performance metrics, goals, objectives or budgets.
* Plans, reviews and recommends process improvements, layout changes and capital purchases.
* Work to keep employees informed and engaged with company, department or specific work area goals.
* Concisely communicate goals and expectations to employees. Provide direct and indirect reports with positive and constructive feedback about their performance while identifying developmental goals and opportunities.
* Work closely with marketing, quality, sales and customer service on product development and launches to ensure successful analysis and implementation for all aspects of the business.
* Excellent Project Management Skill
* Strong attention to details
* Strong organizational Skills
* Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with staff at all levels
* Knowledge of Manufacturing Quality standards
* Knowledge of Manufacturing processes
* Willingness to work flexibly
* Understanding of Health and Safety
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Previous experience with printing and assembly options is preferred
* Bachelor s Degree in Business Administration or Engineering is required
* Minimum of 7 years experience as a manager in a manufacturing organization
* Lean Manufacturing a plus
* Six Sigma certification preferred
* Skill in contract negotiation for both services and equipment.
* Strong communication, collaboration, and computer skills (Microsoft Office)
* Solid reporting and analytical skills
* Flexibility to work weekends required and must be on call 24/7 for emergency response
Required Abilities include:
* Problem sensitivity ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem only recognizing there is a problem.
* Oral comprehension the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas present through spoken work and sentences.
* Deductive reasoning the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
* Inductive reasoning the ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
* Fluency of Ideas the ability to come up with a number of ideas about a topic (the number of ideas is important, not their quality, correctness or creativity).
* Ingenuity the ability to find innovative, clever, practical and efficient solution or to develop a creative way to solve a problem.
There's never been a better time to join BIC Graphic. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision in a growing global market. That's why the majority of leading companies across industries worldwide use our promotional products. It's also why you'll find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this.
BIC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to Race, Color, Religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Drug-Free Workplace Drug-Free Workplace.