Manufacturing Manager II (Plant Manager - Chemical Consumables Manufacturing)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Bio-Rad Laboratories is a leading manufacturer of life science and diagnostic products that service a diverse range of customers within the Academic, Healthcare, Biotechnology/Basic Research and Pharmaceutical sectors. These products are used to advance basic research, healthcare treatments, therapeutic discoveries and purification of biological materials at laboratory and process scales. We have an opportunity for a Manufacturing Plant Manager II to oversee our production facility in Richmond, California.
What you ll be doing:
* You will direct an integrated team that provides superior products to Bio-Rad customers worldwide.
* Work closely with other Operations and business leaders to ensure development and execution of business processes, including order fulfillment, materials management, quality, engineering, manufacturing and new product development and transfer.
* Continually optimize plant operations to maximize process efficiency and resource usage.
* Monitor and address daily production and quality metrics.
* In conjunction with the EH&S department, drive EH&S excellence in the plant.
* Develop and maintain standard operating procedures that meet ISO13485 and PSM requirements.
* Minimize/eliminate out of specification production by ensuring equipment is maintained in the condition that is required.
* Conduct thorough non-conforming product and customer complaint investigations necessary to identify root causes. Drive effective corrective/preventive actions to eliminate quality issues.
* Investigate/identify causes of product waste in order to minimize generation.
* Apply troubleshooting / problem solving techniques and resources, as required, to quickly respond to operational issues.
* Collaborate with Maintenance and Engineering as needed, to address production bottlenecks and equipment issues.
* Manages equipment and facility maintenance, upgrades and capital expenditures.
* Participates in business growth strategies, in conjunction with Sales Manager and VP.
What you need for this role:
* Master s degree ore equivalent in Chemistry, Engineering, Biology or related field. PhD or equivalent is preferred.
* Minimum 10 years of leadership experience in Chemical Plant Operations.
* Proven ability to drive change resulting in multi-million $$ cost savings.
* Proven understanding of current and proposed EHS regulations; enforcing requirements; recommending new procedures.
* Demonstrated commitment to continual improvement.
* Comfortable in fast-paced, collaborative operations department.
* Demonstrated ability to make timely decisions.
* Experience working with large ERP systems (SAP or Oracle).
What s in it for you:
* Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
* Opportunities for training, growth, and mobility
* Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
* Great work environment
Bio-Rad is a global leader, with a team of over 7,800 employees and a global network of operations that serves our life science research and clinical diagnostics customers, helping people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Learn more about Bio-Rad on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.