This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Union Hill, IL
JOB DESCRIPTION_MANUFACTURING AND MAINTENANCE MANAGER:_
This position is responsible for Employee and Plant Safety while improving, coordinating and implementing efficient manufacturing methods for production operations. This position directs all aspects of production and maintenance of plant equipment, systems and facility.
_DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES_
* Responsible for the overall safety of production employees and equipment as well as the installation, repair and upkeep of plant systems and production equipment.
* Facilitates the implementation of manufacturing concepts, i.e. lean manufacturing, 5S and Root Cause Analysis
* Recommends capital expenditures, budgetary requirements, layout improvements etc.
* Establishes and ensures achievement of manufacturing department objectives.
* Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
* Proactively identifies, communicates and resolves potential staffing, manufacturing, maintenance and technical issues with cost effective solutions.
* Partners with the Director of Operations on developing and implementing overall direction, strategies and goals for manufacturing and maintenance teams.
* Accomplishes manufacturing goals and objectives by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
* Maintains staff by placing, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities. Supervises and coordinates the activities of supervisors.
* Hires, trains and motivates direct reports and production and maintenance employees to ensure company goals and objectives are met or exceeded.
* Maintains maximum work flow by managing the process, monitoring equipment, setting scheduled hours, monitoring personnel and resources and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments and shifts.
* Define metric dashboards to demonstrate the effectiveness of our quality assurance efforts.
* Other duties as assigned
Drives Environmental Health & Safety Programs and initiatives through partnering with Supervisors, Management and front line employees.
Provides a Safe and Healthy work environment free of hazards through sustainable 5S, proper housekeeping and enforcement of safety policy and procedure.
Proactively eliminate risks as they are identified and adhere to OSHA compliance in all areas of manufacturing.
Responsible for the timely reporting, investigation and corrective action of all safety-related incidents (including near misses and unsafe acts).
* 5 years' experience in manufacturing including at least 3 years in manufacturing management.
* 3 years' experience supervising maintenance activities at a manufacturing facility
Experience with metal fabrication (welding, Bending, Laser cutting, etc.) preferred
Broad, in-depth knowledge of manufacturing methods, production planning, safety and lean principals.
Strong computer skills including Microsoft office. Above average Excel skills.
Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills and leadership abilities.
The ability to spend 60% of the day on the production floor, with limited work in an office. Must be physically capable of walking, standing, lifting, flexing, bending and climbing as necessary to carry out responsibilities. Ability to work in an environment that contains heat, cold, dust, noise, chemicals, and high-speed manufacturing equipment.