Manufacturing Operations Seasonal Intern/Co-op Team 9/17/2016
Campbell Soup Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY IMAGINE...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Manufacturing Operations Seasonal Intern/Co-op Team (May/Jun through Dec 2017, MUST be available for full season)
This is a leadership position that works closely with and oversees all aspects of production at the Campbell's Napoleon Soup and Sauce or Beverage Plants. The seasonal supervisor will report to the Operation Manager and work closely with the senior supervision on shift. From the raw material to the finished product, assists production employees in the identification and evaluation of proper criteria and parameters essential to the formulation and production of high quality soup, sauce or beverage products. Responsible for producing the best quality production possible, ensuring all key performance targets are met and maintaining a clean safe work environment.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements daily operations by shift of a production department. Works with hourly associates to ensure all requirements are met.
- Manages the production operation.
- Monitors Quality Control programs to insure process controls are met, document activities, and brings about corrective action as needed.
- Institutes processes and procedures to assure that work in progress is held in a manner that precludes deterioration and does not compromise product quality.
- Ensures finished product is properly accounted, sampled and disposition.
- Monitors quality of product produced on daily sample pull, analysis and communicates any issues to production and Operation managers.
- Manages and coordinates according to defined company policies and procedures the disposition of hold product.
- Directs and coordinates food safety, Quality, HACCP and GMPs in the area.
- Works closely with Quality Assurance, Planning and Operations to ensure smooth transitions are maintained between departments and shifts.
- Support ongoing TPM, 5s, SMED, Centerline, AM, DDS and related initiatives
- Supports the Campbell Soup Supply Company work ethic, Mission Statement and the philosophy of teamwork.
- Project work that supports advancing the plants' achievement of high performance organization standards, world-class safety operations, employee technical training, continuous improvement, standard work, and others.
The candidate should have the following qualifications:
- In pursuit of Bachelors degree (Engineering preferred)
- Availability to work from May/June to December (5 to 6 days per week)
- Ability to work any shift and to work with limited guidance
- Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new computer programs (SAP and Kronos)
- Demonstrated leadership ability (leading by example, holding others accountable, resolving
- Demonstrated organizational & analytical skills that help optimize results
- Familiarization with general Safety procedures including but not limited to Chemical/Thermal Burns, Motor Vehicle, Ergonomic, Slip trip and Falls, Elevated Work, etc.
THE COMPANY IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP, WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, CITIZENSHIP, MARITAL STATUS, VETERAN STATUS, DISABILITY, AGE, RELIGION OR ANY OTHER CLASSIFICATION PROTECTED BY LAW.
IN THAT REGARD, U.S. APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES ARE PROTECTED FROM DISCRIMINATION BASED ON CERTAIN CATEGORIES PROTECTED BY FEDERAL LAW. CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.