Manufacturing Process Engineer - Polyurethane Foaming Process Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Benton Harbor, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONWhirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 97,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2015. The company markets _Whirlpool_, _KitchenAid, Maytag_,_ Consul, Brastemp, Amana_, _Bauknecht_, _Jenn-Air_, _Indesit_ and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. We earn the trust of consumers around the globe by focusing on what matter most. Because of our leadership practices, development opportunities, business performance, strong reputation and a commitment to the communities where we live and work, Whirlpool Corporation has received many awards including - Fortune Magazine's Top Companies for Leaders, one of the world's Most Admired Companies, Fast Company's Top 50 Most Innovative Companies and we've had a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index for over 11years in a row.
Our global headquarters in Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor, Michigan - a breathtaking vacation community on 40 miles of Lake Michigan beachfront, where swimming, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, boating, and beach volleyball are abundant. The company is host to a variety of employee resource groups, including a Young Professionals Network - a group of more than 700 local members who are active in corporate social responsibility commitments like Habitat for Humanity, Cook for the Cure, United Way, Boys and Girls Club, and other social activities. A quick 90-minute drive from Chicago, Southwest Michigan is also home to a new Jack Nicklaus signature golf course called Harbor Shores, 17 other public golf courses, nearly 20 wineries, two art districts, many seasonal festivals, outdoor concerts and events all year long. Join us in making the most of moments that matter.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a POLYURETHANE FOAMING MANUFACTURING PROCESS ENGINEER opening to join our FDBM-SXS-IM GLOBAL PLATFORM WITHIN GPO organization to drive process solutions that support architecture and subsystem requirements. The successful candidate can be located at our TECHNOLOGY CENTER at Benton Harbor, Michigan, or our refrigeration manufacturing sites in AMANA, IOWA or RAMOS ARIZPE, MEXICO.
DAY TO DAY:
REPORTS TO: GLOBAL PLATFORM MANUFACTURING PROCESS LEADER, ASSEMBLY/SEALED SYSTEM/TESTING PROCESS ENGINEER:
* Provides design guidance based on manufacturing process capabilities.
* Serves as key interface with plant personnel to assess process capability gaps pertinent to architecture/subsystem needs.
* Leads/coordinates process technology development including solution generation and convergence.
* Ensures applicable Bill of Process (BoP) is followed.
* Delivers process technology specification by Execution within Whirlpool Product Development (WPD) process.
* Ensures Design for Lean Manufacturing (DLM) events are completed results communicated and acted upon.
* Tracks Bill of Process Compliance for the platform.
* Participates in and may lead Bill of Process development specific to platform processes.
* Signs off on whether product design meets Bill of Process design recommendations for process ability.
* Maintains awareness of latest process technology trends related to foaming.
* Closes process knowledge gaps:
* Coordinates respective manufacturing trials and prototype builds.
* Works with plant New Product Introduction (NPI) contact and regional engineering teams to deliver new process technologies and subsystems from develop phase into the execution phase.
* Triggers development of new Bill of Process or BoP expansion to support common architectures.
* Other duties may be assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Develop Checklists Initial Feasibility and WPD DEVELOP Phase Exit
Process Technology Specification
BoP Compliance Matrices
Process Development, BoP, DLM
Process Technology Selection
Product Leadership Metrics, Cost, Quality, Delivery, Complexity, BoP
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
Bachelors of Engineering:
3+ years industry manufacturing experience in or on polyurethane foaming process within product category including plant level project delivery.
Developed strong internal and external technical network as it relates to refrigeration assembly and respective Polyurethane Foaming process of cabinets and doors in a high volume manufacturing environment, preferably with Global/International work experience.
Ability to influence and drive consensus.
Excellent manufacturing process technology acumen, especially within platform family.
Knowledge in DLM, BoP, FMEA, PFMEA and Opex tools.
Excellent product knowledge, experience in product designs a plus.
Willingness and ability to travel up to 30% of the time, and be able to work in and travel to all of our refrigeration manufacturing locations and respective supply base.
Ability to quickly establish credibility and build trust.