Manufacturing Production Scheduler 9/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Location:
We re BIC Graphic a division of BIC USA Inc. - a world-class global supplier of innovative promotional products for marketing and advertising initiatives.
With our wide variety of high quality, innovative custom-imprinted writing instruments and complementary products, we help customers explore all of the promotional possibilities with an extensive selection of brand name items including BIC Writing Instruments, Lighters, BIC Select, BIC Sticky Note, Magnets, Mouse Pads, BIC Atchison Notebooks and Padfolios, and Ecolutions. BIC Graphic recently acquired Norwood so we now also sell over 4,000 additional products globally. The Norwood brand includes messenger bags, drink ware, calendars, tools and many more.
BIC Graphic sells exclusively through distributors of promotional products/advertising specialties.
Today, BIC Graphic's distributors serve the majority of the Fortune 500 companies, as well as government organizations, educational institutions and thousands of other companies in diverse industries worldwide. We provide them with everything from personalized sticky notes and embroidered laptop bags to custom mouse pads and those famous BIC pens and lighters.
And with our growth, it s time for you to pencil us in too!
Seeking a candidate for a Production Scheduler position to support our manufacturing operations. The production scheduler will plan and establish production schedules as well as track progress and identify any factors that might affect production. This position works closely with the production operators, supervisors and managers to determine the scheduling needs and requirements for the day/week.
Major Duties / Responsibilities
* Plan and organize stages of production to meet customer requirements and to meet specified shipping dates
* Recommend the need to send work outside and authorize manufacturing orders
* Consult and discuss with plant supervision on equipment, manpower, and workload to determine and communicate overtime needs
* Maintain check on production, warehouse, receiving and shipping to keep informed
* Responsible for production scheduling, managing manufactured parts, inventory volume and accuracy
* Coordinates with the molding scheduler, production supervisors, and inventory cycle counter
* Responsible for working with customer service on delivery dates and any possible delay in the MFG process.
* Coordinates with the production supervisors and production manager on staffing needs based upon forecasts and recent trends.
* Develops training schedules to assist with production swings in volume.
* Prepare periodic status reports to keep management informed
* Other duties as required
* Must have 3-5 years of experience in a production environment
* College degree preferred
* Experience with scheduling production or managing inventory accuracy in a production facility
* Strong organizational skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
* Excellent communication skills
* Must be able to navigate all applicable responsibilities of Oracle
* Must understand and promote a sense of urgency
* Possess the ability to multi-task and have great organizational and planning skills
* Must be able to work some flexible hours
There's never been a better time to join BIC Graphic. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision in a growing global market. That's why the majority of leading companies across industries worldwide use our promotional products. It's also why you'll find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this.
BIC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to Race, Color, Religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Drug-Free Workplace Drug-Free Workplace.