Manufacturing Software Development Internship
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
Proto Labs, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONProto Labs (PRLB) is a leading online and technology enabled quick-turn manufacturer. Our technology, innovation and people have made us the world's fastest manufacturer of custom prototype and low-volume parts. Proto Labs revolutionized our industry by developing proprietary computing technologies and automated manufacturing processes that enable us to create "Real Parts, Really Fast".
Our 3D Printing division, located in North Carolina's Research Triangle Park makes custom prototype and production parts for companies worldwide using Rapid Prototyping, Additive Manufacturing and 3D Printing technologies. We have a fast-growing, high-energy team of associates who work together in a friendly environment.
Tasks and Projects at Hand:
* Design, code, debug, and test the software you write
* Participate in problem analysis and solution development with other team members
* Learn software best practices in a team based setting
* Algorithm or process optimizations
* Computer resource load balancing
* 3D CAD model geometry/feature reasoning
Who We re Looking For:
* Someone working towards a degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
* A student on their way to being a master of C++, C#, or Java and an understanding of OOA&D
* A super star who has programming experience
* Someone who is a whiz at math is helpful (especially linear algebra & geometry)
* Comfortable working in a fast paced, changing environment
* A people person with excellent communication skills, able to work well with a smart, passionate and growing team
* A self-starter who has a passion for speed and getting things done
You Might Also Have:
* Programming Languages: PowerShell or shell scripting, .NET, Python
* Additional Majors or Minors: Mathematics, Physics, or other fields of study
Who We Are:
Proto Labs is the world's fastest manufacturer of custom prototype and low-volume parts. We revolutionized our industry by developing proprietary computing technologies and automated manufacturing processes that enable us to create Real Parts, Really Fast. We are leading the charge in the digital manufacturing realm, which makes us an exciting place to work. Our company hires designers, engineers, developers, creative thinkers and smart people who tackle their roles with an entrepreneurial spirit. We pride ourselves on our innovative technology & laid back culture that focuses on doing meaningful work that brings transformational products to market.
What We Have:
* An amazing team, personally and professionally, who tackles complex problems and delivers awesome results
* An open, casual environment that gives you a lot of freedom combined with a lot of responsibility
* A culture that embraces change, speed and getting things done while balancing your personal freedom
Proto Labs, Inc. is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer