This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Location:
BIC products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team.
Under the direction of the Manufacturing Manager, Manufacturing Specialists have general responsibility for coordinating and supervising all production activities on a daily basis. The Manufacturing Specialist is responsible for the ordering of certain components including but not limited to inks and plastics. In addition to the direct supervision and development of the hourly production associates, the Manufacturing Specialist will work to improve our machine efficiencies and our processes. He/she will be accountable for achieving prescribed company objectives in regard to budget, productivity and customer service.
* Assist in the hiring process for the production associates, conduct orientations and training for newly hired employees
* Understanding and knowledge of labor standards to determine how the labor force will be best utilized
* Communication of Goals and Objective Standards and quarterly updates with production personnel
* Adherence to local, State, and Federal regulations inclusive but not limited to OSHA, DOT, and EEOC
* Coordination, growth and development of three shift operation
* Functions include planning and scheduling production activities for a three shift manufacturing operation, monitoring labor and production to ensure safety, quality, cost and production objectives are met
* Monitor machine efficiencies and production output against weekly schedule
* Process improvement project coordinator monitor progress of projects on ongoing basis
* Must be willing to work off-shifts when needed to address training and/or interpersonal needs.
* This position would require International Travel
* Engineering Degree required
* Injection molding experience is highly preferred
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite Software
* Must have a proven background of fostering engaged, involved work forces
* Ability to analyze, develop, initiate, and implement plans and strategies to achieve goals
* Strong quantitative and analytical skills
* Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
* 2 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
* Technical background will be considered a plus
* Must be able to manage international shipping demands
* Must be experienced in Lean Manufacturing and Process Improvement initiatives
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
BIC offers competitive salary, health insurance and 401(k). Successful candidates require passing drug test and undergoing security check.
For consideration apply online referencing job code 16-05.Drug-Free Workplace.