This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Topcon America Corp.
JOB DESCRIPTIONReturning Candidate*
Log back in!
9/1/2016 4:05:00 PM
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
This role is largely responsible to ensure all production schedules and revenue targets are met on time. The task is to supervise the production test and assembly team members to ensure they are on schedule, trained, have the required tools and documentation to meet expectations. This may require interaction with production assemblers and technicians at an individual level to improve their skills and ability to troubleshoot systems.
Core Job Duties:
Supervise the activities of manufacturing personnel to ensure that the build plan progress is on schedule, issues are mitigated or raised to upper management as required. * Interface with manufacturing engineering to communicate and escalate technical issues. Coordinate with warehouse, planning, and purchasing to resolve line part shortages.
* Interface with manufacturing and quality engineering to resolve process, material or any quality issues.
* Esnsure product is built to specifications and QA requirements.
* Collaborate with technicians to identify test issues, capactiy contraints, and troubleshoot issues.
* Review BOM's and drawings and other production documents for accuracy and completion.
* Assist with recruitment and/or assignment of project/production personnel.
* Plan training activities and ensure production personnel are trained on applicable procedures.
* Ensure compliance and improvement in lean, SS and other internal process requirements.
Minimum Job Requirements:
* Must have recent experience working in a high technology, high complexity manufacturing environment
* Familiar with the latest manufacturing tools and techniques to build product most efficiently and with limited defects.
* Able to test, align, trouble shoot complex products using test equipment and tools. Ability to use power meters, Spectrum analyzers, multmeter are a must.
* Must be able to suggest new or enhance current processes and methodology to improve efficiencies or output.
* Must have hands on knowledge of the skills, tools, equipment and training required to be able to assemble complex electro mechanical products in medium manufacturing volumes,
* Must be able to publish current schedules and projection of deliveries.
* Must be able to manage rapid changes in build plan priorities by moving resources and projecting production deliveries.
Education & Experience:
* At least 7 years of related work experience in a high tech manufacturing environment building complex electro mechanical products.
* 2 year technical degree (4 year preferred) (electrical/ mechanical)
* Prior experience managing /supervising production workers (at least 4 people) to meet schedules, revenue, cost, or other objectives
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Experience and current in the use of an ERP systems: including managing work orders, shortages and other internal requirements.
* Ability to identify and solve manufacturing process issues. If unable to solve issues, needs to be able to clearly communicate the issue and urgency. Follow up with the responsible Engineers to identify root cause and corrective actions
* Training production personnel to be able to produce products of the highest quality, on time, to cost objectives.
* Support NPI working with R&D and other departments to insure products are manufacturable.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Share on your newsfeed
CONNECT WITH US!:
Not ready to apply* Connect with us for general consideration.
It is the policy of the Company to recruit, hire, train and promote for all job classifications without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era or other eligible veteran status, and to base all such employment decisions upon the individual\ s qualifications and ability to perform the work assigned.