This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
MilliporeSigma is a division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany is currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Supervisor, second shift to be located in Madison, Wisconsin
MilliporeSigma plays an integral part in the life science community, harnessing our passion and innovation to help researchers and drug producers around the world. As science advances, we advance with it, offering new insight and cutting-edge technologies helping our customers solve the world's most challenging human health issues. Our promise to our customers is that we'll be there every step of the way. MilliporeSigma is a division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany is a global pharmaceutical and chemical company with a history that began in 1668, and a future shaped by around 40,000 employees in 64 countries.
The Manufacturing Supervisor will be responsible for the supervision of all production activities, planning and scheduling of production resources, troubleshooting process chemistry, training employees on equipment operation, cGMP and internal SAFC systems and procedures.
* Lead their assigned shift to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely and safe manner
* Identify gaps and areas for improvement in production systems and work to resolve them
* Ensure employees adhere to outlined expectations for safety and quality and take disciplinary action when necessary
* Manage all projects coming through production by assigning chemists and monitoring project progress.
* Act as a representative of SAFC Madison for customers and vendors
* Assist in Kilo Lab and Pilot Plant manufacturing of APIs and intermediates when necessary
* Coordinate project flow between departments to ensure timely completion of manufacturing
* Author, utilize and train employee on written procedures, including batch records and OP's and have a strong working knowledge of QUMAS
* Work in accordance with FDA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, DOT, and other regulatory agency guidelines.
* Ensure that employees maintain accurate and concise cGMP records
* Build effective teams within the production department
* Compile a weekly production schedule that maximizes available throughput
* Attend weekly manager's meeting and provide updates to management on project status
* Assist PD staff in process scale-up activities and tech transfer as necessary
* Ensure that employees maintain clean and safe working environment
* Conduct recruitment activities
* Supervise, train, and motivate staff to meet production deadlines
* Interpret in process data results and act as a secondary review of data during off shifts
* Adhere to SAFC Pharma ethical and behavioral standards
* Be a role model for staff with superior work ethic and excellent occupational behavior
* Train new employees and cross train current employees
* A Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field (OR relevant experience will be considered) is required
* A minimum of 5 years relevant experience is required
* Background in a cGMP manufacturing setting is required.
* Experience in pharmaceutical industry is strongly preferred.
* Knowledge of FDA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, DOT and other regulatory agency guidelines is also required.
* Strong organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated leadership ability are required.
* Demonstrated strong working knowledge of synthetic and process chemistry is also required
* Must work well in a team environment both within and outside of the production department
* Must be able to effectively operate and troubleshoot production equipment.
Essential and Critical Skills: Leadership by example, self-motivation, multitasking, computer skills, critical thinking, problem solving, attention to detail, strong work ethic, resource management, identifying talent, delegation, prioritizing
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS:
Must be able to stand for long periods of time and be able to lift and carry weights of up to 50 pounds regularly. Must be available by phone in case of emergency.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.