This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
OFF SHIFT SUPERVISOR STANLEY ENGINEERED FASTENING MONTPELIER, IN PLANT
Stanley Engineered Fastening, a Stanley Black & Decker Company, is a global leader in the development, manufacture, and sale of an extended line of metal and plastic fasteners and engineered fastening systems for commercial applications. We focus on total engineering solutions for end users' fastening requirements in the automotive, transportation, electronics, aerospace, machine tool, construction, and appliance industries. Our automotive division strives to lead the way with innovative solutions to ever changing customer challenges and opportunities. Within Stanley Engineered Fastening automotive division, an opening is currently available for Off Shift Manufacturing Supervisor at our Montpelier, In plant.
The Manufacturing Supervisor has the responsibility for the shift as well as assigned area including all equipment, personnel, material, production, etc. Should have a thorough knowledge of stamping machinery and materials, plus some knowledge of machine repair.
Essential Job Functions
* Direct supervisor of hourly employees on assigned shift.
* Maintains production records for production counts and standard hours.
* Completes GEMBA board daily for assigned department.
* Monitors productivity indicators and initiates improvement efforts to avoid unfavorable variances.
* Responsible for production runs, proper die setting procedures, quality of product and maximizing the department s full potential.
* Recommends disciplinary action for all hourly employees as needed.
* Completes Corrective Action plans on all external and internal rejections for quality
* Ensures housekeeping and 6S initiatives are completed and met for department.
* Complies with and enforces all safety rules, regulations and policies for employees.
* Completes accident investigation forms timely, participates in investigations and is a part of solutions for improved safety for all near miss, recordable or lost time incidents.
* Proactive with continuous improvement projects, processes and systems for department.
* Communicates timely with Production Manager and management team any difficulties or issues that arise due to condition of machines, employee actions, quality problems.
* Provides back up to other manufacturing supervisors.
* Participates in employee involvement actives
* Provides training as needed/required to employees
* Able to work weekends as needed.
Essential Skills & Experience
* High School diploma or GED required
* Bachelor s degree in manufacturing, management or engineering preferred
* Supervisory experience 3+ years, manufacturing experience preferred
* Experience in metal stamping or forging environment preferred
* Computer skills in Microsoft office, particularly Word and Excel
* Knowledge of basic manufacturing, quality and safety practices
Competencies (5-10 Critical Areas of Understanding/Practice for the role)
* Basic mathematical understanding and ability (add, subtract, divide units of measurement)
* Good communication skills, verbal and written
* Good computer knowledge
* Ability to stay focused on work and manage multiple projects timely
No salaried direct reports.
* Sitting at a desk occasionally
* Walking and standing frequently
* Use of hands, arms and fingers frequently
* Use of eyes frequently
* Bending, reaching, lifting occasionally
* Lifting 5-30lbs occasionally, anything over 35lbs get assisted lift
* Pushing or pulling objects occasionally
Production floor environment. Production floor temperature fluctuates dependent on season. Noise levels require hearing protection. Working around powered industrial vehicles. Production floor can become slippery with oil. Office environment includes use of computer and other office equipment frequently.
Stanley Engineered Fastening, a Stanley Black & Decker company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.