This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
MEA - Mid-Atlantic Employer's Association
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are seeking an experienced, technical, "hands-on", Manufacturing Supervisor to manage our high-tech, custom, Machine Assembly operations.
The ideal candidate will have experience with custom assembly and the manufacturing of capital/industrial equipment. A very "technical" background is needed, as our assemblies are metal-on-metal fabrications requiring very close tolerances.
Must have the ability to read "drawings" and know when an issue must be corrected and why. Must be able to justify this conversation with the Engineering Department and help with the solution. You will work with Suppliers and liaise with other departments within the company. You'll work in both an office and Shop environment.
This is a 1st shift opportunity (AM hours) and you'll oversee a team of Mechanics and Technicians (less than 10). You'll also be responsible for the functions of: Quality, Safety, Continuous Improvement and Facilities Maintenance.
The Shop does NOT use CNC machinery, there is no welding or bending of metals, as it works with very sophisticated, technical machinery.
MANUFACTURING SUPERVISOR JOB DESCRIPTION:
* Responsible for managing production activities and achieving production targets in quality, productivity, efficiency, capacity, safety, cost control and employee development.
* Ensure compliance with all applicable company policies and procedures.
* Manage and lead team in production processes required to produce and deliver a variety of commercial and industrial equipment.
* Provide coaching and direction to ensure success in meeting required productivity and schedules.
* Coordination of weekly production meetings
* Interface with other company sites and departments in coordination of production schedules.
* Supervision of the incoming inspection process
* Communicate effectively production targets and priorities to manufacturing and other departments.
* Develop and implement appropriate cost saving ideas for production operations. Generate and implement ideas for continual process improvement.
* Maintain production and quality control records.
* Provide technical support and guidance to the assembly technicians.
* Work with engineering and suppliers to improve quality and address any issues with equipment.
* Manage facility maintenance and repairs.
* BA/ BSDegree OR a minimum of five (5+) years of equivalent industrial production supervisor/management experience with selected training in pertinent areas
* Willingness to be a hands on supervisor
* Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive, productive, problem-solving and high performance work environment.
* Willingness to take charge, offer direction, opinions, and accept feedback.
* Ability to communicate effectively with and direct work of respective teams. Ability to direct work of others.
* Ability to constructively work with all internal and external organizations
* Displays good judgment in the face of changing priorities and multiple problems.
* Ability to anticipate, identify, and solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
* Excellent communication skills - written, verbal, and presentation skills required.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Understanding of manufacturing/assembly of capital equipment
* Understanding of material control within a basic MRP environment
* Understands and enforces adherence to OSHA and Company safety guidelines.