Manufacturing Supervisor-2nd shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Atkore International Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAtkore International is an industry leader in the manufacture of Electrical Raceway and complimentary high value products, serving a wide range of construction, electrical, fire and security and mechanical applications.
Atkore International is an industry leader in the manufacture of Electrical Raceway and complimentary high value products, serving a wide range of construction, electrical, fire and security and mechanical applications.
Atkore is comprised of three Business Units: Cable Solutions, Conduit & Fittings, (Electrical Raceway) and Mechanical Products & Solutions. Privately held and steadily growing, we have more than 3,300 employees worldwide.
We are currently searching for a Second Shift (4pm-12am) Manufacturing Supervisor for AFC Cable Systems, Inc. in the New Bedford, MA facility. This position will report to the Director of Operations.
* Manufacturing plant safety, (EH&S)
* Maintaining quality goals
* Achieving production scheduling goals
* 5 S and Lean Manufacturing and Process Improvement
* Daily supervision of a unionized workforce
* Training new employees
* Communication with all levels of the organization
* Control of manufacturing costs
* Lead by example and live the Atkore Values of Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect and Excellence
* Manage vacation schedules
* Minimize overtime
* 3 plus years Supervisory experience
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to solve problems
* Lean Manufacturing experience
* A minimum of a high school diploma, college degree preferred
* Experience in a manufacturing environment is beneficial
* Experience supervising a unionized workforce is a plus
* Wire and Cable experience is desirable especially in extrusion and cabling.
* Electrical/Mechanical troubleshooting skills of industrial equipment is also beneficial
* Ability to lead teams
* Must be able to work OT on short notice
* Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, ( PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
Atkore International offers a competitive salary package in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with Company Match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future. Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Our dedicated employees are recognized around the world for their commitment to our customers' success, combining product innovation, collaborative service and providing the broadest line of products into an offering that ensures they can operate as efficiently as possible. Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.