Manufacturing Team Leader
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for monitoring operators, insures that the finished product is being assembled/fabricated and packaged in the required manner.
* Insures that assigned employees receive breaks and lunch in a timely manner.
* Alert the shift supervisor, engineers, materials and maintenance of any problems that will require extra assistance.
* Make sure that all operators are staying current with production boards hour by hour in their assigned areas and insure work order completion and schedule adherence.
* Arrange and put together raw materials, partially finished or finished products according to specifications. Remove, pack, and sort raw materials or finished products. In some cases responsible for packing finished products, manually or through simple machines.
* Ensure workload assignment for designated associates
* Assures that the quality of the assembled product meets the testing specifications Facilitate cross train associates
* Provide production reports and other key performance metrics as directed by supervisor
* SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
* Monitors employees in sensor, gas detection areas. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws and as directed by supervisor
* Responsible for adhering to all company EHS regulations (Zero Harm)
* Enforce associates attendance reporting discrepancies to supervisor
High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills.
Proven leadership skills.
Experience in manufacturing operations.
Lead and direct teams and individuals to drive results.
Skilled in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Experience dealing with ERP systems: SAP, Oracle, BAAN
Hazmat DOT knowledge