Manufacturing Technician II - 3rd Shift Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
Maple Grove, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONPRIMARY LOCATION: US-MN-Maple Grove
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS: (n/a)
REQUISITION ID: 274665
Seeking a highly motivated individual to join the laser cutting area of the Metals Core Technology Department. As a team member you will have the opportunity to work in a world class laser cutting environment with multiple laser technologies.
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions including cardiovascular, digestive, pulmonary, vascular, urological, women's health, and chronic pain conditions. We are a leading innovator of medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets.
With general supervisory direction, you will be responsible for performing support functions for manufacturing operations, including troubleshooting equipment and process issues. In addition you will be responsible for performing and documenting machine maintenance activities. Lastly, you will be expected to collaborate in a team environment to initiate and implement process improvement projects.
- Identify and troubleshoot process, material, or equipment problems to minimize down time and increase process yields
- Perform setup and commissioning of new laser cutting systems
- Complete and document preventative maintenance and product change overs on multiple laser cutting platforms
- Execute equipment and tooling qualifications
- Assist in Value Improvement (VIP) and Employee Involvement Team (EIT) projects, implementing process improvement ideas
- Work with Process Development to bring new products into production
- Train and provide technical support or direction to product builders and other technicians
- AA Degree or equivalent work experience in related discipline and 0-3 years of related experience.
- Self-Motivated to seek out opportunities to improve business performance
- Communicates well with peers about issues/problems that arise
- Previous Medical Device, Aerospace, and/or Automotive Experience
- Laser Alignment & Maintenance Experience
- Hands on experience with laser optics, pulsed lasers, and laser measurement instruments.
QUALITY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-MN-Maple Grove||(n/a)||Manufacturing & Operations||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Industrial, Technician, Maintenance, Business Process, Manufacturing, Technology, Management