Marigold Wait Staff/Server On-Call
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 2/7/2017
Herman Miller, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout this Opportunity
As a Marigold Wait Staff/Server On-Call, you'll perform all duties of a Herman Miller Marigold Server on a call-in basis. You will be responsible for serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals at Marigold Lodge and assisting with Learning Center food service, including summer BBQs and various receptions.
WHAT YOU\'LL DO
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you . . .
* Serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals at Marigold.
* Ensure guests receive prompt and technically correct service with minimal interruptions at the table.
* Follow the Marigold Lodge Dining Manual and Marigold Service Manual.
* Maintain punctuality and work well under pressure.
* Understand the confidentiality and sensitivity of a business setting.
* Respond to change quickly.
* Take orders and serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner guests.
* Perform general cleaning duties in the Dining Room and Learning Center.
* Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
SOUND LIKE YOU?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have . . .
* A high school diploma or GED.
* One year of dining service experience, including a broad base knowledge of food and beverage.
* The availability to work a varied schedule, as determined by guest activity between first and second shift.
* Superior guest interaction skills, including the ability to read the guest and adjust the experience accordingly.
* The ability to deliver Marigold service standards on a consistent basis.
* The ability to lift trays, serviceware, or supplies up to 50 pounds regularly.
* The flexibility and ability to work when called in with short notice.
* The ability to perform all essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
HERMAN MILLER IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION. WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER INCLUDING VETERANS AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES.