Marine Personnel Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 1/18/2017
TE SubCom (SubCom), a TE Connectivity Ltd. company, is an industry pioneer in undersea communications technology and marine services, and a leading global supplier for today s undersea communications requirements. As a vertically integrated supplier, SubCom designs, manufactures, deploys, and maintains the industry s most reliable fiber optic cable systems. Its solutions include long-haul and regional systems, repeaterless networks, capacity upgrades, offshore oil and gas, and scientific research applications. SubCom brings end-to-end network knowledge and global experience to support on-time delivery and the needs of customers worldwide. To date, the company has deployed more than 100 cable systems and enough subsea communication cable to circle the Earth 15 times at the Equator. For more information visit www.SubCom.com.
TE SubCom is seeking a Marine Personnel Specialist for our Marine Personnel department in Baltimore, MD.
This position interacts with labor unions/manning agencies-AMO, SIU, Scanmar (US and foreign), ship s personnel (Captains, Chief Mates, etc.), ship s agents (US and foreign), USCG/National Maritime Center, Republic of the Marshall Islands, American Maritime Safety (AMS), National Medical Systems (NMS), Griffin Stone (travel agent), Marine Payroll, Fleet Operations, Visa Agencies, and other TE SubCom departments.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Arrange crew changes for all crew on assigned vessels, using most cost effective and convenient travel routes and insuring all crew certification is complete and valid at all times.
* Source crew from various labor unions/manning agencies when required to fill vacancies.
* Obtain any flag state certification as required; insuring licenses are valid at all times.
* Conduct background checks for all newly hired personnel.
* Plan crew changes in advance, check availability of crew and compliance of all certificates and training.
* Insure that personnel files and all crew certifications are kept up to date and are uploaded into proper databases/locations (PayPers/Marpers).
* Liaise with vessel Captains, Ship s Officers, and Senior Manager of Marine Personnel on crew change schedules, visa requirements and relief names.
* Liaise with Industrial Personnel (IP) department heads and Permitting teams to develop and submit detailed and timely permit crew lists/documentation for project coordination.
* Arrange cost effective travel for crew joining assigned vessels to meet crew change schedules.
* Arrange any crew medical exams, visas, vaccinations or additional training as required.
* Become an authorized filing agent for the Republic of the Marshall Islands.
* Support company initiatives to improve efficiency and productivity.
* Bachelor s degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting is required.
* MBA is preferred.
* No previous marine personnel experience is acceptable.
* Can multi-task and cope well under pressure, pays attention to detail.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication, presentation, and planning skills.
* Demonstrated organizational skills with emphasis on standardization and efficiency; process driven.
* Strong computer and administrative skills (proficiency in MS Office applications; e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point, as well as, Adobe Acrobat).
* Can work within multi-cultural environment and willing to work flexible hours as needed.
* Good analytical and problem solving skills.
* Budgeting and forecasting experience is preferred.
* Minimal (1-2 weeks per year) travel is expected (local, domestic, and international).