Marine Survey Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 1/6/2017
TE SubCom (SubCom), a TE Connectivity Ltd. company, is an industry pioneer in undersea communications technology and marine services, and a leading global supplier for today s undersea communications requirements. As a vertically integrated supplier, SubCom designs, manufactures, deploys, and maintains the industry s most reliable fiber optic cable systems. Its solutions include long-haul and regional systems, repeaterless networks, capacity upgrades, offshore oil and gas, and scientific research applications. SubCom brings end-to-end network knowledge and global experience to support on-time delivery and the needs of customers worldwide. To date, the company has deployed more than 100 cable systems and enough subsea communication cable to circle the Earth 15 times at the Equator. For more information visit www.SubCom.com.
TE SubCom is seeking a Marine Survey Intern for Summer 2017 at our Eatontown, NJ location.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Review technical specifications for Desktop Studies and Marine Surveys
* Assist the supervising manager with writing methods of procedures Desktop Studies and Marine Surveys based upon technical specifications
* Work with members of the Marine Engineering Team to compile survey and installation data for analysis and archiving
* Work with team members to develop and improve macros designed to run on installation software
* Assist with the review of daily survey vessel reports and plot progress
* Junior or Senior with interest in Marine Sciences or related at least 3.0 GPA
* Working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Office