Market Analyst - Competitive Focus
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Herman Miller, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY General Purpose:
Responsible for supporting Herman Miller's competitive information needs through research, analysis, and synthesis of data. Translates information into specific recommendations and insights. Reports the information through a variety of outputs, including reports and presentations. Interfaces with and supports Herman Miller Sales and Product Management to extract trends and provide tools for competitive intelligence and sales response. Enables in-depth understanding of the competitive environment and key market opportunities in North America and International markets.
* Provides support to Field and Dealer Sales, Product Development, Product Management, and other internal stakeholders through primary and/or secondary research, analysis, and synthesis of information. Develop, synthesis, and present recommendations and influence key business stakeholders on decisions.
* Understands the organization's information needs and prioritizes accordingly. Acts as internal consultant to stakeholders and advises on tactics to gain information and address information needs.
* Organizes competitive intelligence information and disseminates actionable information to key business stakeholders. Creates databases or other resources as needed.
* Conducts qualitative and quantitative research on competitors to identify opportunities, market positions, strategies, and selling tactics.
* Analyzes key competitors' product features. Compares to company's current product offering. Develops and maintains product offering comparison. Identifies opportunities and threats and makes recommendations to Product Management.
* Maintains profiles of key competitors including critical strategies, SWOT, financial results, and selling tactics.
* Participates in the planning, execution, and analysis of domestic tradeshow activity. Provides an Executive Summary Report of the show.
* Provides competitive analysis support for on-site and field training initiatives.
* Manages relationships with external research vendors as required.
* Prioritizes and manages ad hoc projects with minimal supervision.
* Performs additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field.
* Four plus years of market research experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
* Excellent research and information gathering skills.
* Relevant product and industry knowledge.
* Strong analytical, organization, time management, and process management skills for success in a results-oriented environment.
* Knowledge of basic statistical concepts.
* Must be self-motivated with an ability to work collaboratively on a team and independently.
* Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to effectively use office automation, communication, software, and tools used in the Herman Miller office environment.
* Must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without accommodations.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.