Market Analyst 9/7/2016
Hyundai-Kia America Technical Center
Superior Township, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc.(HATCI) is currently looking for a Senior Market Analyst for our Superior Township, MI Research and Development facility that will:
* Develop, prepare, and present product proposals for future vehicles, giving the perspective of the Western Hemisphere customer. Reports and presentations designed for both U.S. and Korean Senior Management
* Research and analyze automotive industry trends, product planning and consumer demands.
* Monitor feedback on current vehicles, giving recommendations for improvement and lifecycle actions
* Monitor emerging trends using print and online publications and by developing expert contacts within the industry.
* Analyze brand fit as necessary and make recommendations.
* Monitor dealer feedback on current products and potential future product directions.
Perform additional projects as assigned:
* Support the design, planning, and execution of customer research including one-on-one interviews, ethnographic research, engineering specification reviews, focus groups, ride and drives or immersion events in order to gain unique insights to the various customer segmentations.
* Coordinate Competitive Vehicle Benchmark Studies, including vehicle procurement, vehicle evaluation, and reporting.
* Attend and support automotive and trade shows: gathering industry trend data while reporting to upper management.
* Create and present Quarterly Market Reports to Senior Management in North America and Korea.
* Coordinate supplier visits and presentations.
* Plan and monitor department budget as required.
Travel up to 20% of time domestically and internationally.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business.
* 3 years Automotive OEM experience
* 3 years experience in Product Planning, Program Management and/or Market Analysis
* Valid driver s license and satisfactory driving record
* Candidates applying for positions with Hyundai Kia must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
* HATCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor