Market Development Associate- Aerospace - North America
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONGore is a technology-driven global company built on entrepreneurial innovation, integrity, and teamwork. Our diverse portfolio includes everything from high-performance fabrics and implantable medical devices to industrial manufacturing components and aerospace electronics. Through our product leadership, we've been changing lives and changing industries for more than 50 years. What can you change by joining Gore? Visit gore.com/change-life to find out.
Gore is a leader in electronic materials and signal transmission in the most demanding environments. Our products have been used for more than 50 years in a variety of industries, including aerospace, industrial electronics, mobile communications, and semiconductor manufacturing. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Market Development Associate to join our Performance Solutions team, with a focus on the Aerospace & Defense industry. This individual can work remotely from a home office.
If you are searching for a company where you can make a difference, we're looking for you. In this role, you will be focused primarily in North America and work to develop and mid-term opportunities exercising the breadth of Gores Performance Solutions portfolio.
The ideal candidate will:
* Be passionate about engaging with markets and customers to understand needs and develop insights with technical capability
* Have strong market experience, credibility, and established relationships in the Aerospace & Defense market
* Be focused on identifying, understanding, and developing new opportunities and applications in the Aerospace & Defense market segment
* Be energized by working for a world-class manufacturer and collaborating on cross-functional teams
* Understanding industry/ market road maps and opportunities
* Engaging with industry leaders/ buying influencers
* Establishing high-level relationships with key influencers
* Leveraging technical understanding and ability to explore and identify adjacencies and new opportunities
* Owning and building mapping of opportunity funnel in order to grow our sales in the target market segments
* Understanding customer needs and providing input to fitness-for-use criteria
* Understanding customer activity cycles and using them to identify critical purchase criteria
* Testing new product concepts in the targeted market segments
* Applying understanding of market needs, trends, competitive analysis, and value-chain dynamics to product launch plans and to the overall product plans
* Leveraging and providing input into market research and ongoing target market assessments
* Developing new market insights and key relationships
* Identifying, pursuing, and driving new targeted opportunities as key interface with specifying influencers
* Partnering internally with business leaders and product specialists to foster team alignment regarding mapped opportunities
* Mobilizing product specialists and business team support
* Monitoring performance by number and quality of new targets established
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelors degree in engineering or science
* Minimum of 5 years of successful market development, sales, product management or strategic marketing experience with technical products
* At least 3 years of recent experience in the Aerospace & Defense industry
* Strong and relevant technical competence
* Track record of being able to establish and leverage internal and external organizations to accelerate progress of new opportunities and grow sales
* Excellent communication skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
* Demonstrated good judgment under pressure and ability to resolve problems promptly
* Ability to:
* Integrate market needs with technological innovation
* Deal with technical concepts and complexity comfortably
* Travel 50%, mostly within the U.S., but occasionally international
DESIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
* Relevant experience in a U.S. agency or with a defense subcontractor
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Gore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the US. Gore generally will not sponsor visas unless otherwise noted on the position description.
Must be a US citizen due to Defense orientation of assignment (ITAR).
Gore is a M/F, Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer. (Applies to all positions in the U.S.)
Keywords: marketing, market, development, business, aerospace, defense, North America, engineering, science, sales, strategic, technical