Market General Manager 9/9/2016
Interstate Battery System of America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview:
If you've been looking for an Outrageously Dependable company where character counts, then you're home. Interstate Batteries, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, built its reputation on a great automotive battery, but look how much we've grown over the past 60 years! We now offer more than 16,000 portable power solutions and accessories throughout North America, Australia, the Caribbean and Latin America. Take charge of your future and see if you have what it takes to be one of our 1,600 specially selected Team Members.
* Accountable for the P&L and budget performance for the operation.
* Review, monitor and analyze weekly scorecard and monthly financials to identify variances to FY financial plan and design and implement action plans to address deficiencies.
* Actively manage AR to maintain acceptable level for operation.
* Develop and implement action plans for accounts with unacceptable AR balances.
* Participate in developing annual operation budget.
* Manage inventory to coincide with selling activity to ensure proper levels.
* Plan for and identify root causes of inventory deviation through cause and effect analysis and design and implement action plans to address deficiencies.
* Manage Dealer Inventory Optimization (DIO) for maximum sales efficiency.
* Review, monitor and analyze tools on smart dashboard to identify markets that may be declining and design and implement action plans to address decline.
* Understands key account hierarchy, visits and maintains relationships with key account decision makers at each.
* Manage dealer erosion.
* Develops expertise with regards to product and service competition in respective market.
* Key contact for complaints received by operation.
* Investigate all complaints and respond back to complaining customer within reasonable timeframe.
* Work with sales team to acquire new business within region.
* Formulates, develops, implements and measures market strategies penetration in respective market.
* Communicate Enterprise initiatives, IOT goals and Regional objectives to operation staff to ensure clarity and alignment.
* Establish set weekly meetings with operation staff.
* Provide annual performance reviews to all operation staff.
* Hire and promote individuals based on the proven behaviors that align with 5 requirements, 1 standard and the competencies identified for success for given job position.
* Manage labor to meet utilization objectives for operation.
* Provide performance management utilizing progressive discipline process.
* Provide recognition and reward for team members that demonstrate outstanding performance
* Provide consistent training and coaching to develop team members knowledge, abilities and skills.
* Ensures data integrity and timely submittals into reporting systems.
* Ensures compliance with all IOT standard operating procedures, including OSHA, and DOT compliance.
* Focuses on development of best practices that provide greater productivity and efficiencies and drive distributorship revenue goals.
* Manage routing procedures to ensure maximum utilization of equipment and manpower.
* Provide on-going feedback for continuous process improvement
* Carry out Enterpirse tests as needed.
* Support Enterprise initiatives from other business units as well as IOT.
* Minimum of 5 years proven managerial experience is required
* Previous experience in a Warehouse or Distribution environment a plus
* Computer skills including Word and Excel preferred
* Knowledge of battery or automotive systems a plus
* Fosters teamwork - Interest, skill and success in getting groups to learn to work together cooperatively.
* Strong Communication - both oral and written
* Detail oriented - Pays careful attention to details.
* Interpersonal awareness - Notice, interpret and anticipate others' concerns and feelings
* Plans and organizes - Lays out tasks in a logical and orderly sequence. Establishes and follows through on priorities.
* Results oriented - Is intent upon achieving practical results. Concentrates attention on making things happen..
* Responsive - Reacts promptly to suggestions and requests.
* Actively and frequently seeks input from others.
* Managing Performance - Takes responsibility for team members performance. Utilize clear goals, expectations, feedback and addresses performance problems and issue promptly.
* Customer Focused - Focuses on satisfying customers
* Entrepreneurial Orientation - Looks for and seizes profitable business opportunities; willingness to take calculated risks to achieve business goals.
* Initiative - Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked to or required by the situation.
* Battery business knowledge