Market Insights Analyst (Marketing Research) 9/15/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
Saint Petersburg, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description Valpak, one of the leading direct marketing companies in North America, is looking for a Market Insights Analyst to join their team. The Market Insights Analyst is responsible for providing stakeholders research consultation, implementation, backend analytics and interpretation of findings to make recommendations which meet advertiser and company objectives for print and digital offerings.
WHY A CAREER WITH VALPAK?
* WORK FOR AWARD-WINNING BRANDS. Our brands are among the best in the industry, often ranking number one in their market.
* BE YOURSELF. MAKE US BETTER. Innovation thrives in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage everyone to contribute their best ideas.
* OUR PEOPLE ARE OUR MOST VALUABLE RESOURCE. Through career development, ongoing and on-the-job training and a commitment to hiring from within, our employees help define their own career paths.
* WE ARE COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE. We are actively involved in community service or contributes financially to local nonprofit organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides research consultation to support direct mail and digital consumer programs.
* Utilizes knowledge and direct marketing experience to design and formulate research related presentations, proposals and recommendations.
* Coordinates and manages analytical and processing instructions for advertisers and corporate research projects.
* Provides full service consultation and research-based support to all sales channels, sales support and stakeholders.
* Acquires basic knowledge of database management including client, third party and syndicated supplied data.
* As needed, performs custom research and provides related analytical and statistical support.
* Partners with functional area leaders to develop and implement print and digital product test plans.
* Monitors and analyzes online and other platform site activities and performance measurements such as traffic and enrollment.
* Provides stakeholders with print and digital competitive insights (i.e., pricing, product mix, distribution, etc.).
* Monitors market trends in the savings/coupon space and delivers recommendations for Company growth.
* Presents findings in formal settings to sales staff, management and advertisers.
* Performs related work and additional duties as needed or required.
Bachelor s degree in Marketing, Management, Statistics, Quantitative Methods or other related field and minimum of two years relevant quantitative marketing research experience, preferably in direct marketing or ad sales/media environment. Knowledge of major third party suppliers of syndicated data and services preferred, such as Nielsen (PRIZM segmentation and Scarborough), Simmons Research, MRI, Esri (ArcGIS), Omniture, WebTrends, and comScore.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong presentation skills
* High degree of comfort with mathematical analyses
* Ability to interface with sales channels, advertisers and all levels of management
* Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Access, Excel and PowerPoint
* Flexible, with the ability to manage concurrent projects
Valpak, one of the leading direct marketing companies in North America, is owned and operated by Cox Target Media, Inc., a subsidiary of Cox Media Group. Cox Target Media helps companies of all sizes connect with consumers to drive business results through its Valpak and Savings.com businesses.
With innovative & complementary digital advertising products, more than 170 franchisees provide Valpak's proven direct marketing products to over 65,000 businesses in North America. Valpak mails more than 20 billion coupons reaching over 45 million select households every month in over 100 markets. In all, nearly 500 million blue envelopes will mail annually. And we connect with millions of consumers every day through valpak.com and mobile apps.
Valpak offers and provides a competitive pay and benefits package including health and dental, paid time off, and 401(k) matching. We re hiring individuals who will help us accomplish our goals with Speed, Passion and Courage.
Valpak is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Veterans/Women/Disabled.
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-FL-St. Petersburg-805 Executive Center Dr W
Job Level:Individual Contributor