Market Manager - Construction
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONShift : Shift:
Market Manager Construction Services - Minneapolis
The Market Manager provides leadership to plan, organize and direct sales and operational activities and strategies for Greater Minneapolis a market with great potential for growth in Construction and Skilled Trades. The individual will have overall responsibility for all sales, service, recruiting, compliance, and safety to ensure operational excellence for the assigned market. The position will provide vision, inspire, direct, and develop a team that exceeds customer expectations and ultimately deliver net operating income, impacting shareholder value. Additional markets may be assigned later in the year.
The Market Manager will report to our Director of Construction Operations (Midwest).
TrueBlue, Inc. is a leading provider of industrial staffing and outsourced workforce solutions. With annual sales in excess of $2.5B, the company provides work opportunities to over 750,000 people through specialized staffing brands such as CLP, Labor Ready, Spartan; workforce management brands such as Staff Management, PlaneTechs and Centerline; and recruiting solutions brands such as PeopleScout and hrX.
* Accountable for all Recruiting, Service, Operations, and Sales for Greater Minneapolis market; work closely with sales team to ensure that the field is responsive and engaged for existing and new sales efforts.
* Ability to sell to the current customer base to ensure strong customer retention levels through effective execution of strategic sales and marketing plans, delivering service excellence, ensuring prompt and effective service recovery, individual account management, and account coordination with local sales personnel.
* Responsible for P&L, staff development, and worker safety results .
* Perform site inspections and work with the Risk Management and Safety departments to deliver on-going field worker safety training.
* Plans, directs and monitors market strategy and related activities to ensure profitability as well as identifying opportunities for growth and new vertical channels.
* Oversees team to ensure success in recruiting, operations, retention and promotion of their employees to ensure a highly competent and professional market team.
* Accountable to improve gross margin while delivering on the company s Value Proposition.
* Ensure operational standards are met or exceeded while achieving revenue goals and desired margins.
* Achieves sales growth through selling to customer base and strategic sales of new accounts.
* Achieves high customer retention levels through meeting or exceeding service level agreements, and expanded service capability.
* Ensures managers and staff deliver service excellence, ensuring prompt and effective service recovery, and account management.
* Conducts meetings with key customers to review business performance.
* Leads change and the adoption and rollout of new systems and technology.
* Oversee all administrative duties including managing field employee payroll, maintaining field employee personnel records and office records, managing related reports.
* Bachelor's degree in Business or related field; or equivalent experience.
* 7 years experience in a dynamic B2B environment; staffing industry preferred.
* 5+ years management experience including B2B sales and P&L management.
* Construction industry knowledge and/or experience preferred.
* Demonstrated abilities in consultative and strategic selling to small and large customers.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines under pressure.
* Highest commitment to customer service, development and satisfaction.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Self-motivated, goal oriented with a strong desire to succeed.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software programs and related applications.
* Willing to travel within Market up to 50%.
TrueBlue employs 5,000+ professionals and provides a competitive compensation and benefits package including: Company-matching 401(k); Employee Stock Purchase Program; Tuition Reimbursement; College Savings Fund; and comprehensive Health Insurance.
Corporate values of integrity and respect, and our ability to exceed customer expectations distinguish TrueBlue as an employer - named by Forbes as one of the country s Most Trustworthy Companies .
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.