Market Manager Urgent Care
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 1/10/2017
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 24900-51372
The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician and practice management solution for the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). PSG operates more than 750 practices, Urgent Care Facilities, and partners with HCA s 165 hospitals to structure employed provider programs, professional service agreements, and joint ventures that offer the communities we serve high quality, cost effective care. We manage a collection of highly motivated and innovative leaders who are committed to excellence in every aspect of their career.
THE URGENT CARE CLINIC HOURS ARE MONDAY-FRIDAY 8AM-10PM, SATURDAYS 8AM-8PM, AND SUNDAYS 8AM-5PM. YOU MUST HAVE THE FLEXIBILITY TO WORK DURING THOSE HOURS.
The primary responsibilities of the Market Manager include oversight, leadership and general management of the market operations, financial performance, and budget. Includes strategic relations with hospital divisions and strategic involvement in acquisitions. The Market Manager is responsible for all practices within a designated market. The number of sites, subordinate practice managers and physician may vary depending on geographic location and market size. Typically, the market manager will manage and provide leadership to Area Practice Managers, Practice Managers and Practice Administrators.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
* The overall operational responsibility for the business and clinical functions through administrative and clinical staff including providers, front desk, medical records, nursing, and ancillary services to ensure maximum utilization of resources and the efficient delivery of services of his or her assigned practices. These responsibilities include Human Resources responsibilities.
* Directs and manages projects for market such as including patient flow, patient satisfaction, practice volume, billing and collections, service utilization, coding, physician and staff training.
* Analyzes business and conduct audits to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
* Resolves medical and/or administration problems.
* Communicates with practice management, staff, providers and administration.
* Identifies practice/business development opportunities to increase practice market share.
* Develops, implements and monitors practice budgets including analyzing financial impact of changes and forecasts, and expenditures. Recommends corrective action as required.
* Develops cost/benefit analyses of patient care services and equipment.
* Meets regularly with physicians to review financial performance and key practice indicators.
* Insures that the practice staff follows all receivable/collection guidelines.
* Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value Statement.
* Evaluates employee and manager performance and provides appropriate guidance and feedback.
* Oversees the daily/monthly expenditures, staffing and overtime hours
* Counsels, disciplines and/or recommends termination of employees as required.
* Recommends professional development for staff.
* Ensures regulatory compliance.
* Develops and oversees implementation and administration of internal practice policies and procedures in conjunction with Physician Services standard policies and procedures. Interprets applicable laws, rules and regulations and ensures the practice is in compliance with them.
* Oversees practice acquisition activities and market growth strategies.
* Develops and maintains effective communications between all levels of personnel.
* Ensures compliance with and knowledge of the company s Code of Conduct by all subordinates to ensure an ethical work environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: This position requires the following minimum requirements:
* Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems and objectives.
* Knowledge of fiscal management and leadership management techniques.
* Knowledge of health care administration systems.
* Knowledge of governmental regulations and compliance requirements.
* Ability to provide leadership and management of multiple sites.
* Ability to use various computer systems and applications.
* Ability to plan, organize and supervise.
* Ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment and problem-solving techniques in the decision-making process.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, providers, patients and the public.
* Ability to communicate clearly.
EDUCATION: Bachelor s Degree in health or business administration is preferred. Appropriate experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
* Five to seven years work and supervisory experience in practice management of multiple locations.
* Effective working knowledge of healthcare financial management, specifically medical practice accounting, third party reimbursement issues, patient flow and facilities management.
Last Edited: 09/02/2016