Market Manager inTraining Urgent Care
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 1/13/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 24900-48910
The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician and practice management solution for the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). PSG operates more than 750 practices, Urgent Care Facilities, and partners with HCA s 165 hospitals to structure employed provider programs, professional service agreements, and joint ventures that offer the communities we serve high quality, cost effective care. We manage a collection of highly motivated and innovative leaders who are committed to excellence in every aspect of their career.
This position requires the candidate have the ability to relocate to the market that is selected once the training is completed.
The Market Manager in Training would work under the Market Manager assisting with oversight, leadership and general management of the market operations, financial performance, and budget.
* Learn to respond appropriately to customer concerns.
* Learn the complete patient complaint process, be able to communicate and train site managers on this.
* Learn to monitor feedback collected and identify areas to improve help customer service in the market.
* Learn how Monitor the wait times and how to conduct wait time meetings as well as how to research wait time problems. Learn how to identify problems with the wait times and what measures to implement in an effort to make sure the wait times improve.
* Learn how to support the Occupational Medicine Program.
* Learn how to participate in and support methods of measuring customer satisfaction by reviewing patient surveys and how to train managers to provide service recovery and follow up on negative comments.
PLANNING AND ADMINISTRATION
* Learn the roles of the Center Manager, Area Manager and Front Desk Coordinator to be able to manage these positions.
* Learn clinic staffing and provider efficiencies, how they effect the bottom line of the clinic.
* Learn to revise staffing budget spreadsheet according to allotted number of hours.
* Learn how to make schedules for staff and providers.
* Learn how to ensure all open shifts are filled; make call to get needed coverage.
* Learn how to conduct quarterly staff meetings
* Become familiar with the financial reports and work with controller to research areas that are of concern.
* Learn how to develop close working relationships with the MD/AMD.
* Learn to conduct and document bi-annual mock codes.
* Learn to conduct/document quarterly fire/disaster drills
* Learn to monitor all key clinical areas including front desk and lab.
* Learn what pertinent information should be relayed to Area Managers regarding personnel problems
* Learn to make necessary corrections in automated payroll system and be able to enter PTO and sign off on payroll
* Learn how to monitor employee missed punches in Kronos on a daily basis.
* Learn how to support and oversee implementation of new corporate policies or operational procedures.
* Learn to interview candidates as to ensure that only quality staff members are hired.
* Learn to create and/or assist in creating all new hire training schedules.
* Learn proper way of monitoring new hires during all phases of training and how to give positive reinforcement as needed.
* Learn to train on inventory/use par level to order supplies. Must ensure the clinic has adequate supplies and does not run out of any.
* Learn how to process invoices from center orders in on base.
* Learn to train staff and oversee the process and documentation of significant incident occurrences in the center.
* Learn to process, review and sign-off on expense reports
* Learn review all clinical mail and delegate workload
* Learn to enter all purchases on the budget spreadsheet monthly.
* Learn how to monitor all logs for front desk, nurse and lab.
* Learn to oversee daily DPR, business reports/banking and deposits. Become familiar with the cash management policies and procedures understand how to research problems that may arise.
OVERSEE PHYSICAL ASSETS OF CLINIC
* Learn what items should be placed on the maintenance list and update it weekly and send to Area Manager.
* Learn to oversee upkeep of reception areas
* Learn to oversee upkeep of clinic exterior, i.e. lights, landscape, parking lot.
* Learn to monitor cleaning of clinic by outside cleaning services and communicate areas of needed improvement to the cleaning company.
* Learn which maintenance items should be reported right away.
* Learn what to do in the event there is a power outage.
* Learn how to handle broken equipment.
* Learn to oversee and guide the maintenance team.
* Learn to maintain key control and alarm codes
* Learn to conduct monthly lighting inspection at clinic and send spread sheet to operations each month.
* Learn how to conduct and score a Center Review.
* Learn to monitor Healthstream assignments. Ensure that you communicate what, where, when and why this is important. Follow-up with employees who are delinquent or no-show to mandatory classes or meetings.
* Learn how to assure a safe and healthy working environment
* Learn to implement OSHA in-service for all employees on line. Also monitor that all are completed.
* Learn to follow-up on any/all questions employee come to you with.
* Learn to help greet all patients courteously and with a smile in a timely manner
* Learn to ensure waiting area clean during shift.
* Learn to help register and discharge all patients manually or by computer daily in an expedient manner.
* Learn insurance verification process.
* Learn steps for opening a new center including the timelines and what you will be responsible for.
* Learn what AAAHC is and how to begin preparing for accreditation
* Learn to implement a CQI process complete with Team Discipline Leader meetings
* Begin to become familiar with the AAAHC handbook, learn chapters that relate to operations.
* Works cooperatively within own department and with other areas
* Willingly accepts additional responsibility tries to make other employee s job easier.
* Coordinates with others to plan and implement change
* Available to staff by phone after you leave the clinic.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Licensed nurse is a plus.
* Health Care Degree preferred.
* Familiar with the HealthCare Industry. Urgent Care Experience in a plus.
* Willing to hold the standards high to ensure quality care and convenience is given to our patients.
* Must agree that the patient in the clinic is our highest priority and do your best to ensure that you lead in this by example.
* Must agree to be professional and positive role model.
* Willing to travel or relocate.
* Willing to be on call after hours for assigned centers.
* Open to change and is flexible.
Last Edited: 01/11/2017