Market Optimization Consultant 9/13/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
Applebee's Services, Inc.
Market Optimization Consultant
Purpose of Role
This newly created role will drive rapid improvements in the operating performance of significantly underperforming franchisee & market groups. The successful candidate will work directly with their key customers, the Franchisee Multi Unit Managers and GM s including AD s, DO s & RVP s. Additionally, there will likely be some limited interaction with the owner/CEO. This role will involve working collaboratively with the relevant Sr. FBC on the direction of the DVP concerned.
1. Acts as liaison between the company and the franchisee to leverage resources, promote best practices and align business objectives.
2. Monitors and provides guidance to internal resources around critical issues in the business.
3. Responsible for communications to Sr. FBC and alignment of message to meet brand goals and targets.
4. Provides consultation to continuously improve operational effectiveness, guest satisfaction, sales, traffic, and profitability, driven by analytics to brand standards, market opportunities.
5. Conducts operational assessments.
6. Utilizes reporting and tracking tools to analyze results, identify trends and provide analysis and recommendations to franchisees that protect brand standards and or drive sales, traffic and profit.
7. Achieves targeted sales and traffic growth for assigned franchise restaurants.
8. Builds strong relationships with franchisees based on candor, trust and results-orientation to promote franchise satisfaction..
9. Assists and validates successful rollout and integration of system-wide programs and initiatives.
10. Provides timely, constructive and difficult feedback for performance improvement. Recognizes and celebrate franchisee s accomplishments and contributions.
11. Documents and reports critical incidents and franchise issues. .
12. Follows company policies, upholds professional standards, and performs all work in a manner respectful of others. Role models company values and core competencies.
13. Provides regular leadership on cross-functional projects with system impact. Provides leadership and business solutions at a strategic level for assigned franchise group(s).
14. Influences franchise principals and Senior Operators.
15. Provides actionable restaurant level performance feedback so that the Operations Team Business Consultants can effectively partner with franchisees for corrective actions and appropriate recognition of performance when necessary.
Expertise and Experience Capabilities needed:
* Bring deep operations expertise to franchisees
* Help execute performance improvement action plans (e.g., E-CAPS, ABA, Sales, COS, Labor Scheduling etc.)
* Deliver specialized coaching on core operating processes/programs; support implementation of new programs
* Devise and deliver custom solutions, as defined by the DVP
* Identify/vet/spread best practices which may be relevant to the market optimization
* Develop/maintain a network of internal and external thought partners who can provide coaching and support to the individual as well as the market/team being optimized
* Build franchisee operating excellence capability across the market
* Bachelor s degree in Business, Finance, Hospitality or Hotel/Restaurant Management or related discipline, or equivalent professional experience.
* Minimum 5-8 years experience with a national chain restaurant including multi-unit management experience and budget/P&L accountability
* Thorough knowledge of financial operations at both the restaurant and corporate level
* Excellent communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, persuade and collaborate with business leaders and franchise owners
* Strong base line understanding of business analytics, process design/flow, root cause analysis, project management and change management
* Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to achieve results through others
This unique role will require considerable agility and flexibility as the assignments will be
in-market residential for up to six months at a time. Additionally, travel within the assigned market will also be required.
Real Life - Benefits For You
Along with an inclusive environment and great advancement opportunities, we offer a banquet of benefits that will protect your health, ensure your future and provide the tools you need to succeed at work and in life.
* Competitive Pay
* Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for you and your family
* Disability Coverage
* Coverage for Domestic Partner
* Flexible Dependent and Health Spending Accounts
* 401(k) Savings Plan with company matching contributions
* Paid Time Off - vacation, sick and personal days
* Employee Assistance Program - for help with life's challenges and planning for your future
Your opportunity to support two of America's favorite restaurants has arrived! As the parent company of IHOP and Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar , DineEquity, Inc. is the world's largest full-service restaurant company. But while big is good, our focus is on being the best!
DineEquity unites great franchisees, brands and team members to create the world s leading restaurant company, one guest experience at a time.
Our commitment to leadership in our industry and the continued success of our brands means we recruit only the best. If you seek a company committed to employee satisfaction and continuous improvement, DineEquity, Inc. is the choice for you.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to inclusion in the workplace.
We offer reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact our Guest Support at 1.888.592.7753.
The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are at least 40 years of age.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility document form upon hire.
We participate in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system operated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, in partnership with the Social Security Administration, that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees.
Send This Job to a Friend
DineEquity strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law