Market Research Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
Creative and Marketing
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Adecco Creative is searching on behalf of our client, a well known technology company, for a freelance Marketing Research Analyst. The Marketing Research Analyst will join a small team working across hardware products to define strategy for new and existing products and will assist the team with developing trends and analysis around the consumer electronics market.
The Marketing Research Analyst will be developing and setting up repeatable research methods for topics in the hardware space, a weekly set of insights on the market at large, tracking market developments and contributing to long term POVs on the consumer electronics space. Beyond research, the ability to identify trends and synthesize these insights into actionable form is key.
If you love devouring news about new hardware, not just because of the tech specs but because you can see how it will benefit users, then this is the right role for you. The ideal candidate has a love of gadgets and technology, combined with an extreme sensitivity for users.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain trackers for various research streams.
- Consume and synthesize industry news, new research, data sheets, and press releases.
- Share insights with peers and senior leadership.
- BS/BA degree (no specific field required)
- 4 - 6+ years experience as a buy-side analyst for technology, researcher, or product manager
- A demonstrated ability to perform quantitative and qualitative research
- Ability to develop concise and actionable insights in a compelling form
- Familiarity with analyst reports, how manufacturers release information to the market, research what sort of technologies will be introduced in the next 2 years
- Familiarity in the space of consumer electronics. Must be able to highlight hardware work experience.
- Experience in product management - hardware involvement/chip-sets (not just software, etc). Previous experience at a research company is ideal.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- 1+ years of experience with Google Apps for Work (docs, sheets, slides, drive).