Market Strategy Manager - Medical Device 9/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview:
Other companies make products. We make a difference!
Promoting safe living and working environments.
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
UL Compliance To Performance, is a preferred partner for the global Life Sciences industry helping clients enter new markets, manage compliance, optimize quality and elevate performance through advisory and software solutions.
Responsible as a member of the Market Strategy & Innovation team to shape the direction of their assigned market, with a strong focus on identifying key market needs, trends, and initiatives as well as new business opportunities. Serves as an advisor/partner to the Senior Leadership team, Product Management, the core P&L teams, M&A, and Strategic Partnerships. Conducts environmental scans, identifies, analyzes, and plans for emerging opportunities and disruptive trends that can accelerate business growth and development in their assigned market.
1 Performs market scans with a long-term view. Analyzes and interprets market research and intelligence to identify growth opportunities.
2 Researches possible growth opportunities related to new services, new science, and new technology for their assigned market and provides recommendations to the Director, Market Strategy & Innovation and to the Senior Leadership Team.
3 Drives the development of plans for the opportunities that have been selected for further pursuit.
4 Drive market initiatives for the Market Strategy and Innovation team, including but not limited to market intelligence, M&A, and penetration of new regions.
5 Project manages Market Strategy initiatives as needed.
6 Performs other duties as directed.
* University degree (Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree) in Business Administration, Strategy, or Strategic Marketing, advanced degree (Equivalent to a Master's degree) preferred.
* Minimum of 5+ years of market strategy experience, preferably in Life Sciences with a focus on Medical Devices.
* Ability to work within a complex and often ambiguous environment.
* Ability to handle multiple projects with proven success in synthesizing large data sets related to a wide variety of functional business problems.
* Demonstrated ability to express complex ideas, present results, and translate statistical and business terminology to various levels of management.
* Demonstrated strong analytical and strategic thinking abilities.