This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/17/2016
Dairy Farmers of America
JOB DESCRIPTIONGeneral Purpose:
To conduct and analyze research in industry relevant areas. Provide a central source for knowledge and market intelligence relating to fluid milk marketing in order to assist in forecasting, budgeting, pooling, pricing, future milk supply/demand economics and general sales/marketing data, while serving as a linkage of information between various departments and at the producer and customer level. To improve the overall value, quality and service throughout the supply chain from producer sources through DFA Southwest Area Departments to end customers. This will be achieved by working within multiple departments with the Southwest Area office and taking on responsibilities associated with each department. To assist other departments with special informational requests and market analysis. To oversee and participate in the generation of management information reports. Create / analyze / report customer specific data relating to quality, weight variance and general KPI data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Collect, analyze, and report data to assist with market research projects and to study industry trends. Make recommendations based on research findings and conclusions.
* Build and maintain models, and create reports, for projecting future milk supplies and demands.
* Research market conditions and federal order provisions and data on a local, regional and national level. Prepare and submit reports and recommend actions based on findings.
* Analyze performance data for purpose of enhancing customer service levels.
* Extract, collect and modify data from internal and external systems for the purpose of enhancing decision making in the area of fluid milk marketing, customer service performance and hauler performance.
* Provide support to market research, communications, member services, accounting and general management through data analysis, publication writing and presentation development.
* Gain a quantifiable understanding of variations in milk supply and dispositions across DFA on a daily, weekly, monthly, seasonal and annual basis.
* Provide pricing information both internally and to customers as well as analyze market conditions and recommend any modifications to premium structure if needed.
* Collect, analyze and report in the area of pooling with the federal orders relating to production and sales. Provide pooling strategy and recommendations and generate and distribute monthly pooling reports.
* Assess and make recommendations relating to data results generated from KPI's / metrics used in tracking performance to customers both internal and external.
* Research trends in supply and in customer demand and utilize to assist in development of forecasting and budgeting.
* Monitor the progress of deliveries from origin to delivery at customer