This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Looking for a new challenge where your hard work and entrepreneurial spirit will gain you recognition and reward? Then look no further than GAF, a $3 billion company and the largest roofing manufacturer in North America.
At GAF, we've built one of the most dynamic, cutting-edge, and successful employee teams in the building products industry (and we've got the financial results to prove it!). Whether it's in our Parsippany, NJ, world headquarters, or at one of our more than 24 manufacturing plants, our standards are high and the opportunities for career advancement are limited only by your desire to succeed.
If you like the idea of working for a market-leading company, in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference, then GAF may be the place for you.
The Marketing Analyst, Steep Slope Marketing provides support and leverage to the SS Marketing team so that team can execute against a significant innovation agenda. This entry-level position provides an opportunity for GAF to identify and capture early career talent, and at the same time, provide a meaningful future career.
The Marketing Analyst, Steep Slope is responsible for assisting the steep slope marketing team with new product development projects, branding efforts, brochure management, and other key aspects of product management.
This individual will support innovation project task execution and will help coordinate cross-functional efforts around new product launches by ensuring the project maps are up-to-date, writing and circulating notes from key meetings, and doing analysis on competitive offerings.
The Marketing Analyst, Steep Slope will manage brochure inventory, and ensure updates are completed in a timely manner, help coordinate photography for both new and existing products, and work with marketing services to help coordinate customized literature and marketing tools for large customers.
Additionally, this individual will provide support for the product management team regarding the GAF website and technology (mobile app) projects. Because he/she will serve as an extension of the Steep Slope Product Management Team, he/she must be able to interface with a broad spectrum of cross-functional teams including operations, R&D, sales, and other colleagues in marketing.
A successful candidate will be highly organized, possess project management skills, and be a fast learner.
Assist Product Management Team in Management of Brochures and Other Key Marketing Collateral
* Help product managers in managing brochures for steep slope marketing and ensure proper inventory is in place and updates are made on a timely basis.
* Coordinate with marketing services team on new photography to be used in brochures, our website, and social media.
* Help to coordinate required collateral for trade shows, major customer meetings, and the annual sales and marketing conference.
Support Technology Projects Including the GAF Website, GAF Facebook Page, and Our Portfolio of Apps
* Help support product management team in managing required deliverables on technology and innovation efforts with IT
* Brainstorm new ideas for social media campaigns; interface with social/web team to implement.
* Serve as primary interface with Marketing Services and the web team to ensure Steep Slope product accuracy on GAF.com site
* Work with other marketing analysts to support and answer technology questions related to our in-home selling App platform.
Market Research and Industry Benchmarking Coordination
* Serve as point person for overarching industry trends documentation and analysis
* Work with Steep Slope Product Management team and outside vendors to conduct relevant market research projects
* Present data to product management team, as well as senior management, to give insight on our business
Customized Marketing Tools and Campaigns for Major Customers
* Serve as intermediary between customer and GAF marketing department
* Brainstorm and find ideas to provide better brand support for these key individuals
* Ensure customized marketing tools and campaigns are delivered on a timely basis
Support Product Management Team on Various Projects
* Assist product managers with existing products and programs
* Help coordinate Steep Slope Marketing trade show effort and participation
* Identify and realize Steep Slope business improvements to enhance product mix and profitability
* Work with product managers to evaluate specific product categories
LEVEL BASED COMPETENCIES
Level Based Competencies are to be designated based on job level and content.
* Excellent Communicator (both written and verbal)
* Aligning performance with success
* Business acumen
* Strong work ethic
* Building partnerships
* Managing conflict
* Stress tolerance
* Experience with Excel (advanced), PowerPoint (advanced), and Word (Advanced)
* Experience in marketing
* Strong communication skills (intermediate)
* Demonstrated project management skills and ability to effectively manage a large workload (intermediate)
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously (advanced)
* Advanced time management skills
* Advanced interpersonal skills, able to effectively communicate/coordinate plans with other departments and major customers
* Logical and methodical approach to problem solving
* Financial acumen
* Self-starter willing to do what it takes and multi-task to get results and meet deadlines.
* Demonstrated ability to be a great team member and leader including ability to work well in a team environment with all levels of the organization.
* Optimistic/ Positive attitude with proven ability to handle challenges and overcome obstacles.
Bachelor degree required, majoring in Economics or finance preferred.
This job requires heavy analytics.
GAF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V.
No search firms please.