This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFood. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$16.6 billion during fiscal 2016.
We seek out the best talent, provide them with rich development resources, support, and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who are leaders, innovators, and want to be part of a company that serves the world by making food people love.
Located in Berkeley, CA, Annie's, Inc. (a division of General Mills) is a rapidly growing natural and organic food company with a widely recognized brand, offering consumers great-tasting products in large packaged food categories. We sell premium products made from high-quality ingredients at affordable prices. Our products appeal to health-conscious consumers who seek to avoid artificial flavors, synthetic colors and preservatives that are used in many conventional packaged foods. Our loyal and growing consumer following has enabled us to migrate from our natural and organic roots to a brand sold across the mainstream grocery, mass merchandiser and natural retailer channels. Today, we offer over 300 products and are present in over 35,000 retail locations in the United States and Canada.
We are mission-driven and committed to operating in a socially responsible and environmentally sustainable manner, with an open and honest corporate culture. Our company mission is to cultivate a healthier, happier world by spreading goodness through nourishing foods, honest words and conduct that is considerate and forever kind to the planet. We are focused on building a successful and growing business in pursuit of our mission. We strive to be a responsible company that evaluates our success not only through financial measures, but also through our social and environmental impacts.
Annie's Marketing Associate will be responsible for a variety of brand support, analytics and project management initiatives across the Annie's portfolio of products. Scope includes working with the Brand teams to develop and manage brand projects, including packaging, promotions, budgets, business analysis & reporting and document control.
The ideal candidate has some marketing experience (ideally in a consumer packaged goods company) as well as experience with project management. Keys to success will be strong organizational skills with attention to details, excellent communication skills, a can-do attitude, a passion for variety, and the flexibility and ability to wear many hats. This individual must be creative yet analytical/financially oriented, resourceful in handling project roadblocks, and a strong executer.
This position is based in Berkeley, CA.
* Project Management: lead packaging, promotional, product renovation and other projects, working across cross-functional teams to deliver results
* Business Analysis and Tracking: Quantitatively analyze the businesses to understand performance and identify problems and opportunities.
* Budget Management: Lead budget management and tracking for Annie's
* Marketing Execution: Execute elements of the marketing activation plan for your brand, including price promotions, in-store creative, etc.
* Consumer Insights: Support consumer insights research needed to improve the brand's marketing efforts
Education and Experience:
* 2-4 years previous marketing experience
* Bachelor's Degree, Business/Marketing preferred
* Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints and adapt to the unexpected.
* Strong, proven analytical skills
* Must have experience with IRI/Nielsen/SPINS reporting and analysis
* Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
* Strong knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel
* Passion for natural and organic products
* Proactive self-starter; with sense of urgency to achieve results
* Quick study, flexible and willing to handle a fast paced, ever changing work environment
* Energetic and level headed, good at problem solving.
* Ability to operate in a team environment with a "can do" attitude
* Eagerness to learn new things and take direction