Marketing Communications Account Representative 9/2/2016
Franklin Lakes, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TITLE: MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE
LOCATION: FRANKLIN LAKES NJ
CONTRACT TERM: 12+ MONTHS
JOB TIMINGS: 8.00 AM- 5.00 PM
The Account Representative is responsible for the development, production and implementation of effective marketing communications strategies and programs designed to support the business unit objectives and align with corporate strategy and messages.
The Account Representative is the primary interface between the in-house agency (Creative Services) and its business customers, serving to consult, strategize and partner with the businesses and functions within BD on annual marketing and communications plans and supporting tactical execution, as well as on various initiatives and projects.
Establishes and maintains strong partnerships between Corporate and Business Unit Marketing teams and leaders.
Interfaces and coordinates with other internal teams as needed, including Brand Office, Corporate Communications and Tradeshow team.
Represents and advocates for the corporate brand and its standards.
Leads creative team in designing, implementing and measuring marketing campaigns, product promotions, sales tools and customer facing collateral that support strategic business objectives, product launches and sales efforts.
Manages to project and program timelines and budgets and ensures alignment.
1. Partners with business client to discern strategic needs and objectives as reflected in Marketing and Communications plans.
2. Works in close alignment with marketing leadership across business segments to drive synergies and increase collaboration.
3. Uses product and marketing knowledge to make recommendations for communications plans and assists clients in developing effective communication strategies, including advising optimal channels and tactics for reaching target audiences via integrated marketing communication programs.
4. Applies proprietary customer insights and methodology to create fact-based communications for designated customer segments.
5. Conducts client meetings, including input sessions to define project parameters as well as concept presentations.
6. Conducts internal creative meetings with editorial, design, digital, development and operations to advance the concepting, content, design and production of communications deliverables.
7. Leads brainstorming sessions.
8. Provides ROI and other metrics for communications tactics when applicable.
9. Analyzes results of initiatives to measure success and leverages findings to drive continuous improvement.
10. Identifies opportunities to maximize resources by applying knowledge of client budgets for media, sponsorships, trade shows, video production, etc.
11. Contributes cost estimates and advice on marketing programs for annual business planning.
12. Estimates and calculates project expenses; secures project cost bids for business unit approval; confirms invoice accuracy.
13. Communicates frequently and consistently with clients in person and via phone and email, advising on project statuses, scheduling reviews and resolving questions, serving as the primary client contact on day-to-day activities.
14. Coordinates workflow of creative projects from inception through production, ensuring on-brief, on-time and on-budget delivery.
15. Prepares documentation (e.g., creative brief, assignment sheets, conference reports, case studies, project recaps) for client and Creative Services use in identifying goals and key milestones.
16. Takes ownership of accounts and builds partnerships with clients and provides value-added services beyond day-to-day account work.
17. Actively pursues engagement with existing clients and seeks out new opportunities for engagement with existing and new clients.
18. Partners with the Creative Services staff in assuring continuous and accurate communication and cooperative effort in the effective and timely fulfillment of project goals.
19. Participates in and contributes to production meetings and staff meetings, and other meetings as needed.
20. Engages in dialogue with Creative Services associates and the larger Marketing / Communication function regarding service excellence; evaluates and implements steps leading to improved procedures and practices.
21. Assures Account Services effectiveness and responsibility through the use of tools and best practices to calculate and monitor estimates of time and cost related to projects.
22. Advocates the employment of best practices that lead to greater efficiency and accuracy
23. Participates in the assessment and engagement of external agencies, suppliers, manufacturers, and printers in the execution of projects according to company policy, advising businesses on internal and external partner options for effective results.
24. Partners with Creative and Account Services staff in developing and executing departmental promotional materials, tools, and communications
25. Other duties as assigned.
Fluency with Excel; ability to work in Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office. Customer focused orientation toward service, excellent interpersonal skills, strategic thinker, effective communicator (both verbally and in writing), sales-oriented, team player, resourceful, accountable, proactive, capable of prioritizing / multi-tasking.
Experience working with different agency software systems.
Degree in related field and/or professional training aligned with the requirements of the position. An advanced degree is a plus.
7-10years of account management experience in an advertising agency or an in-house agency.
Experience working onsite with the client, Marketing Communications experience, B2B marketing experience, and experience in healthcare and/or technology.
Experience in project management, media planning, new business development, and production.