Marketing Communications Leader 8/29/2016
Westfield Insurance Group
Westfield Center, OH
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer s future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS LEADER
Westfield Center, OH
Description: The Marketing Communications Leader leads the creation and execution of strategic, outcome-based communication plans for assigned audiences. Develops rapport and credibility with business partners to understand business objectives and strengths. The Marketing Communications Leader crafts strategic recommendations for communications and ensures that events, communications, and promotions support the corporate, Distribution, and Marketing Communications strategies. Defines, positions, and paces communications to assigned audiences, partnering closely with distribution partners across the enterprise. The Marketing Communications Leader leverages segmentation models and develops communications metrics that contemplate strategic objectives, stakeholder needs, and desired outcomes. The Marketing Communications Leader utilizes and enhances existing communication tools and develops new channels to articulate and enhance Westfield's value proposition.
Essential Functions (not an all inclusive list):
1. Leads the creation, execution, and deployment of communication strategies with a focus on Distribution.
2. Proactively collaborates with distribution partners across the organization to create consensus and alignment with the business strategy.
3. Leads the creation of thought leadership platforms for Distribution leaders.
4. Leverages the organization s expertise to drive reputation and brand management messages strategically aligned with overall business objectives.
5. Influences leaders to develop communications that resonate with key audiences in order to achieve desired business results. Consults with corporate leaders to craft communications in support of changes impacting key audiences. 6. Leverages the most effective channels to target the appropriate audiences.
7. Defines, positions, and paces communications to assigned audiences, partnering closely with distribution partners across the enterprise.
8. Ensures that the proper spirit, tone, and messaging reaches the intended audience by leveraging segmentation models and developing messaging matrices and measurement plans.
9. Leads the creation of effective tools and messaging, in partnership with marketing, to drive sales enablement across the business.
10. Utilizes industry and channel expertise to raise the level of sophistication, quality, and consistency in the use of impactful communications tools.
11. Focuses the organization on value-added events, communications, and initiatives that communicate the Westfield value proposition and drive the achievement of key business objectives.
12. Leverages data and analytics to assess communications and develops recommendations and plans for enhancing their effectiveness.
13. Proactively and strategically partners with marketing and communications team to facilitate consistency in the expression of Westfield's brand with all key stakeholders.
14. Performs human capital management responsibilities including employee selection, performance management, coaching, and development. Manages priorities and workload distribution, and removes barriers that impede progress. Completes all personnel, salary administration and reporting duties.
15. Travels as needed in order to perform other essential functions.
1. 8+ years of experience in Communications Strategy, Marketing Communications, and/or Media Relations.
2. 3+ years of leadership experience with proven ability to coach and mentor direct reports.
3. Demonstrated insurance and/or financial services industry experience.
4. Proven ability to capitalize on new and effective media channels to amplify brand messages and thought leadership.
5. Demonstrated exceptional writing skills with the ability to provide thought-provoking, outcome-based communications. Proficiency in marketing mix and marketing channel optimization.
6. Demonstrated experience with successfully navigating relationships and organizational communication channels to achieve business objectives.
7. Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Proven ability to introduce ideas and influence action in leaders at all levels of an organization.
8. Demonstrated exceptional project management skills, with demonstrated success in delivering on objectives and complex corporate projects and/or programs.
9. Working knowledge and experience with budgeting and financial forecasting.
10. Ability to manage high workloads, complexity, and challenging deadlines. Ability to work calmly under pressure.
11. Ability to prioritize effectively.
12. Demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence at all levels within an organization.
13. Bachelor s degree or commensurate work experience.
14. Valid driver s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail etc.
* Ability to travel as required.
* Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the driving policy.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.