Marketing Communications Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany is dedicated to leading in the invention, development and manufacture of our industry's most advanced processing equipment. We translate these offerings into value for our customers through our professional solutions and services. Our customers include the biggest names in the food and chemical industries.
We bring the same sense of commitment home by creating a workplace where people are inspired to be the best that they can be both professionally and personally.
What makes this a great opportunity
* A challenging position where you can mold your own career, make your own opportunities and grow to your full potential.
* A growing, profitable, privately held company that values respect for every person, creative problem solving, quality and teamwork.
1. Design and write sales and marketing product brochures, technical notes, newsletters, advertisements, trade show graphics and other collateral material.
2. Develop and update company website.
3. Hire, negotiate and coordinate with ad agencies, graphic artists, photographers, printers, and other outside vendors.
4. Coordinate and conduct all public relations activities to include writing news releases, case studies, articles and e-blasts, as well as interfacing and following-up with space representatives and trade publication editors on editorial opportunities. Coordinate and participate in promotional activities, including press conferences at industry trade shows.
5. Generate and analyze sales leads through advertising, new product releases, trade shows and direct mail. Research available media choices to determine best return on investment.
6. Coordinate all trade show activities to include space selection and reservation, booth design, logistics, set-up and tear down. Ensure necessary equipment for display and demonstration purposes is on hand and in working order.
7. Assist in the preparation of a budget for areas of responsibility.
8. Monitor company identity and image.
* Experience as a Marketing Communications Specialist in a professional environment is preferred
* Bachelor's degree, and 3 plus years experience of capital equipment marketing.
* Experience and proficiency in MS Office applications
* Proven ability to edit and modify Content Management Systems
* General graphic design knowledge or experience
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
* Accuracy of work
* Cooperation and communication with people in other departments
* Flexibility and adaptability - must be able to "wear many hats"
* Wherewithal to "think outside the box" and be inventive
* Take-charge initiative to move projects forward
Benefits of employment:
* Competitive compensation package, including bonus program.
* Major medical, 401K and profit sharing.
* Training and support in developing your understanding of our business and industry.
* A fun and exciting work environment focusing on cutting edge technology.
* Located in Chicago, IL.
* On site private gym.