Marketing Communications Specialist 9/8/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST, ALUMNI RELATIONS
_Reports to: Global Director, Marketing Communications_
_New York, NY_
A leading international law firm, seeks an alumni relations professional to advance our alumni relations program. The ideal candidate will have had firsthand experience in developing a loyal and active alumni network at another professional services firm.
This is a highly collaborative position that will work closely with key stakeholders across the firm and colleagues in marketing and business development, eventmarketing, human resources, professional development and other support functions.
The Alumni Relations Specialist will report to the Global Director, Marketing Communications. The position may include travel to the firm's other offices, as needed, to meet with partners and otherinternal clients.
_Alumni Program Execution_
* Identify and execute alumni focused- activities (e.g., networking events, referral networks) that will support the business development goals and objectives specified by the firm; efforts should align with the goals outlined in the firm's strategic plan
* Plan and execute events, which may include regional or office-specific alumni-only events
* Ensure that alumni are included in firm seminars and othernetworking events/receptions
* Advance career placement services and a referral network
* Work closely with legal recruiting team to identify opportunities for alumni and associates
* In coordination with the marketing communications team, build an external communications plan and develop targeted content to drive engagement and strengthen relationships with the firm. To include the firm's robust website presence, alumni-focused newsletters, thought leadership pieces, speaking opportunities, and social media outreach.
* Internal marketing to include developing a value proposition and materials that clearly articulate the value, benefits and goals and maintaining alumni contact database.
This role will also support the firm's robust women's initiative in both internal and external programming.
* Research and coordinate marketing and business development opportunities to help build the profile of the firm's women partners, including training, speaking and networking opportunities and awards submissions
* Liaise regularly with steering committee, broader women's interest group, diversitychair and business development and marketing colleagues to ensure seamless coordination of all programming
* Support the steering committee in organizing and executing programming
* Research and drive content for social mediadistribution (Twitter and LinkedIn)
* Ensure women's website content is up-to-date
* Draft collateral to strategically position the initiative with internal and external audiences
* Draft awards submissions and coordinate subsequent follow-through
* Track, analyze and create reports to measure the success of program elements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
* Possesses outstanding oral and written communications skills including superior drafting and editing skills
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and consistently deliver high quality results on time and one budget
* Demonstrated ability to think analytically and develop solutions that meet the business needs of the firm
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively on an individual basis and in small and large groups
* Consistently demonstrates strong business acumen and judgment
* Excellent organizational and administrative skills with strong attention to detail
* Is self-motivated and able to work independently
* Strong team player with the ability to work effectively with lawyers and staff at all levels
* Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
* Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and methods
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree in Marketing/Communications or related field
* MBA or related graduate degree a plus
* Minimum of 5years of experience supporting alumni relations/alumni program in a legal or professional services environment
* Hands-on experience supporting women's initiatives and programs in a legal or professional services environment
* Hands-on experience writing, editing, researching in the marketing communications function in a legal or professional services environment