Marketing Communications Specialist
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Marketing Communications Specialist is responsible for creating communications output for internal and external audiences. This role touches on all aspects of communications and marketing within Moore Industries including newsletters, public relations, marketing collateral, video, and advertising. Tasks required of the Marketing Communications Specialist include:
* Coordinating and writing marketing content for
* Web site: Write content for www.miinet.com and reps.miinet.com as needed
* Blog posts: Write 3-5 blog posts each week on company news, product information, and industry news
* E-newsletters: Create monthly sales rep and customer newsletters leveraging content from the blog posts
* SEO and social media: Maintain Moore Industries' exposure in select social media sites including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn; work in cooperation with Art Designer on website to maintain SEO and search ranking results
* Marketing Automation content: Write drip, trigger and nurture messages and landing pages, optimizing content based on activity results
* Press releases and articles:
* Write and place articles and eNewsletter content for media publications on an as-needed basis
* Maintain media contacts and serve as a main point of contact for editors
* Technical copy writing:
* Draft and edit a wide range of written content such as datasheets, press releases, white papers, application problem solvers, and case studies
* Find potential case study opportunities from recent orders and develop the case study through interviews with internalsales and engineering team members, customer reps and end users
* Advertising: work collaboratively within the Marketing department to develop concepts for company ads and write the ad copy
* Write video scripts and produce videos highlighting new products and applications of existing products
* Take photos of events and company activities as needed to augment and support content.
* Perform a variety of other marketing communications tasks.
The ideal person for the Marketing Communications Specialist position has experience in a variety of marketing communications fields and a capacity to handle multiple tasks. Above all, this person needs to be able to take technical information and find relevant stories that can connect with end users across a variety of platforms.
* Experience in the process industry, process instrumentation, or in a similar technical field
* Bachelors of Science or Arts degree
* 3+ years demonstrated experience in Marketing Communications
* Experience using marketing automation applications is highly desirable.
* Strong creative and technical writing skills
* Strong editing and proofreading skills
* Ability to take technical information and find relevant stories that can connect with end users and communicate across a variety of platforms
* Strong marketing software skills with competency using
* Website CMS applications
* Desktop publishing
* Cloud-based newsletter applications and related list management
* MS Office word processing, presentation, spreadsheet software
Please provide writing samples from past projects.